The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Just been youtubing that link
advert caming up is about 19 new singles on Maturedatinguk and aparentley Rebecca is Just 3 miles away I think is quite level with those 3 people that keep unfiending me which is the advert flag evvery time I log on ta pub.

So I just plod along looking for same honey if there is any to be had. Guess what I just found in what was my back yard Marche Funebre / Guilmant / Laurenskerk Rotterdam - YouTube
Andrea Gabrieli Toccata del 9.Tono - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wWUs7RC1H4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwd5f6dJpdw

Last edited:
Jacco the wlong spelling is lightly wlong no H on plik...
was out of stock of nuoc nam so anchovies is best thing.
Did not have any Galangal either so I used 3 times as much ginger (and this is another culinary tip you get for free)

No sure if Hobbit is on the par of the other 3 still ok but book was more child like sort of thing I don't thing there is going to be more of that...
In the mean time Game of thrones season 2 is out on DVD and that is hotttttttttttt
When is book 6 due out?

I sometimes lick Nam Pla/Nuoc Mam from the palm of my hand when I'm cooking.

Amusing is that the ones with the best flavor rarely are the most expensive brands.
Similar to Asti, and regular Italian muscat wines, could be just me.

Fish sauces from other nations in Asia are also nice to cook with, as are the non-anchovy ones.
Really impressive how they manufacture that stuff, btw.
(Thai fish sauce often is a bit sugary. Vietnamese isn't.)

Last edited:
Why funny, she's a Sweet Toothy.

Me too, once a week I make my preferred chili sauce/paste, has 3tbs of sugar and 3tbs of salt on half a pint of the stuff.
Sugar-Salt-Chili is a magical combo.
My guess, the sugar is likely added to enhance the fermentation, fuller flavor.

Blocks/cans of creamed coconut are the ones to be careful with, imo.
A little too much, and the food turns kindergarten candy.

Last edited:
If you like the Asti spumante try Picolit once in your life...

2007 Livio Felluga Picolit by Livio Felluga (Picolit Dessert/Fortified)

Maybe not one in the link as is Dessert/fortified I posted the link as is easy to find and the other wines on that page are blended dreck

I was lucky that one off my Girlfriends while I was in the army use to sell cheese to the vine maker and a few time she pop around with a bottle or 2.

This was the real thing from a run of around 500 bottles a year as I said once in a lifetime experience

Just don't let the coconut milk get to hot as it break down in to oil and curds.
So first in spices and onions and your fish sauce and brown the chicken then start peppers and what not to cook on own water (normal peppers first sweet peppers later) and then let simmer with the coconotmilk.

Last edited: