The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Off topic: just thought of a joke where a guy comes home, where his wife has left a sticky note on the fridge: "this doesn't work anymore!". The guy opens a fridge, and takes out a cold beer and says: the beer is cold. What does not work? :D

Remind me of the time I came back home to find that she forgot to take with her 1/2 roll of toilet paper.

Funny how one remember little things from 18 years ago:D

PS fridge and all was gone...

Seps w kid is not about da stuf. Its about putting the kiddos in the first room. Once you get over it, you will see the sunshine. Sun is the kiddos, having loving caring parents not fighting. Worth separating for? O yes. Can your kid have a decent life? Double. Religiously... Well, I leave it to the religious.

Wife's parents "stayed together", "for the kids", rather than seperating and either working it our or parting ways. Really screwed things up, the kids I mean. They later sperated, work things out, and then began to enjoy each other again. Should have done it long time ago, and they wouldn't have screwed up the kids so much.

If things have gone that far, a quick sharp split works better for all involved. Children are far more forgiving than they are given credit for and it has to better for them to be sure of where they stand rather than the never ceasing worry of parents at war.

Worse of all are parents who use children as weapons against their existing/ex marital partner.

I dont think you felt apponted Buzz, sorry if you did anyways. My reasoning was on others behalf, and surely more about the things that matters.

From my point of view, separated with a kid living where I do in Sweden everybody could think that life is normal if you lived in the most liberal country in the world, according to those things.

My background is that I had a kiddo with a nice girl (still is) that, what showed later, had low chances of giving our kid a stable raise. Those things came clear a year or half or so after birth. She got unstable even under pregnancy and it got worce. I wont get in to it more but I'm sure you know about it.

So, it ended up with me and a new born child and a for the moment unstable mother. We agreed on separating.

Then came the strange: as I had been the one tending the baby mostly all nights, changing diapers, feeding, nurcing the mom to, I also got the stupid questions at the social office like: How would you cope with nurcing a baby alone? What would you do in this and that situation...?

It made little difference to them that I told them that I had already done that. They were asking questions from their books, probably 60 years old.

Im now glad to tell that the mom is now 80-90% good, still in theraphy but a good mother. She has always been, just not able to all the time. Elvis is the best kid. We are not a family in the right name but we are friends and we love eachother.

Stajo,
That is a beautiful family picture, with all the pain, difficulty and love it took to make it happen. There was n malice or defense in my statement, and I would bet on most occasions I would be standing beside you in the midst of an argument, not across from you. This is why I love the forum and the internet. People.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
forum and internet and ppl are overrated

arguing is everything !!

:devilr:

Juz az long az we all get to whack you on da head.... :smash:

Attachments

• Yosemite_Sam_meets_Roadrunner_by_ackermaennchen.jpg
    Yosemite_Sam_meets_Roadrunner_by_ackermaennchen.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 70
Jacco, maybe not but thing is:

I'm not normal at all and I have never pretended to be. In fact I'm not to concerned about normal people. If there were any normal people they would surely bore me. I love people.

Btw. I'm ripping a movie called "On the road". Anybody knows anything about it. I hear that its based on a novel...

Joined 2006
Paid Member