The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

we were adopted

Same story with Harry the Cat overhere.

Harry was a fun lady, out of nowhere arrived in the backyard, and refused to leave.
Within a couple of days, she tried to get in through the backdoor.
A day later, I made her a furnished condo in the covered firewood stack in the back.
It took Harry 7 days total to mesmerize me into opening the back door.

For our summer holiday leave, we brought Harry to the shelter, with the deal that we'd take her if the original owner didn't show up.
Which he did, Gawd Dammit.
Harry had run away from her owner numerous times, once got as far as 8 miles from her prison.
Within a week after her return, the owner dropped by to inquire if we had seen Houdini.
Harry checked in at the hotel a day later, took the owner three hours to take our offer to sell the 4-Pawwer to us.

Harry was a butch dame, took off hunting every night, ALL night, sometimes went runabout in the dunes for straight 24hrs.
Unless it started to rain, then Harry would storm in screaming within minutes, demanding a rubdown, and quick.
That's including nights, the live-in would wake up at 3am, with a howling cat landlady at the bedroom door.

We shacked 1 year with Harry, she went to sleep at age 2 after she developed cat leukemia.
Skin and bones, but still with survival drive, the silly broad clung to me for safety to escape the final needle.

It was like Harry knew from day one that she had to reach for the most she could get, the best she could get.
As if she knew that 2 years was all she had coming.
We too only have a limited period, and should also aim to get the most out of it.
Having been the chosen one by Harry, the ~12 months with her, is a highlight in mine.

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
oui!

( can ya imagine that Le Frenchies are , somehow, protected from knowing for Pepe Le Phew ? I couldn't imagine that my Yoda doesn't know for Le Icon - Pepe !! but , guess no twice , Mighty Moi introduced Legend to him :clown: )

enclosed pic of Pepe Le ZM

Attachments

• Pepe Le ZM.jpg
    Pepe Le ZM.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 73
Joined 2006
Paid Member
A skunk has taken up residence under my woodshop.

:faint:

Probably just having a litter of baby's that will regard it az their forever birthplace and return there to have their baby's too...... :eek::eek::eek:

I think that ZM might have left some bait there to attract them - and then while everyone ran away .......... ummmmmm - have you done an inventory lately? :cool:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Well its decent anyway if you think about it. Being payed for "talk like I am"

Yeah - I used to get paid for kinda - sorta - acting like I had a clue az to what wuz going on..... Then I retired... I had a really good laugh a couple of years later when they found out that I actually did have a clue az to what wuz going on. It's ten years now and they are still using the plans and programs that I developed from scratch but the brass iz still to proud to admit it.

So goes life... :rolleyes: