The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

If memory serves - "in you day" you had to purchase a printed calendar and take it home inna brown paper bag and then hide it under the mattress so you could look at it later with a flashlight. :D:D:D

You'd have been some age by then:); in your day the problem was ensuring that the bedclothes did not go on fire from the candle (used for illumination) used.;);)

In my day we didn't look at pics...the juicy bits were airbrushed out. We just went out and found "real live living girls" (when available, :cool:) or (when not available) reverted to thinking real hard.
:D:D:D

Gyuri,

I have just looked through your images...all albums on "skydrive". I really like the pics of your cat inside the big tape-deck!:) I like most of the pics as they tell the story of your interests, love and the central part of your life. But, I am afraid that regarding the car album I have to agree with Jacco; those images would be better kept on your computer - not on your library albums.

Good luck,;)

Brian

Nah no need for local wether and it can be had as optional extra like any bits and pieces that would be standard on Jap motors.

Eventually is going to be PSU for phono stage LAC are to noisy, only snag those caps have 30 mA leakage current so one end up needing PSU any way.

Talking about Phonos, how is your new FiFI gadget camming along, did you make any progress while heating offals trough a sheep *** Ole
:D

Bad pic.....cannot find my flash gun! Much progress as you can see! [But a wise man learns from the mistakes of others whilst a not so wise man learns from his own. As you will no doubt know, there will be plenty of time to make my mistakes!!!] Bought (Ebay) nice soldering station [Ersa]. My old Weller is dead since someone I know put the wrong tip in a temp. control iron!!!!

Attachments

• BDC_7878.jpg
    BDC_7878.jpg
    840.2 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Ahhhhh - poor lad - now you have gone and exposed all of those parts to excessive levels of radiation. Wrap them in lead foil and send them to me for proper disposal....... :D:D:D

What iz this little toy anyway? Duz not look like a turntable - but perhaps a solid state substitute?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/24/garden/24granite.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Its a potential MC head amp!:eek: What with you being nearly as bad as me and with your SWMBO recovering well [I trust], it would be churlish of me to send you a neculear hazard.:p After all if Tennessee were to be exposed to the risks involved what would happen to C&W?? Bearing that in mind I may just decide to send them to you after all!!!:D:D:D:D

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Its a potential MC head amp!:eek: What with you being nearly as bad as me and with your SWMBO recovering well [I trust], it would be churlish of me to send you a neculear hazard.:p After all if Tennessee were to be exposed to the risks involved what would happen to C&W?? Bearing that in mind I may just decide to send them to you after all!!!:D:D:D:D

Actually one of the biggest low level radioactive materials land fill in the country iz only a few miles away - and sitting right next to the river that supplies water for Nashville.

Plus - (understand that I can neither confirm nor deny) whilst serving az a missile fire control technician in the USN I might have been exposed in the past. I do know that the radar transmitter had a big sign on it that said "Danger - Emits X-rays - do not loiter" and we were in the room all day unless we were at battle stations or in da rack...(that's a bed - not a rack az you guys used on my ancestors back in the day).... ;)

Hmmmm - moving coil head amp....... Nah - won't be needed after I finish coming up with my optical P/U that interacts with the variance of capacitance induced by varying dielectric constant caused by undulations of vinyl grove.... That will be right after I finish working on my flux capacitor thingy....

Last edited:
Gyuri,

I have just looked through your images...all albums on "skydrive". I really like the pics of your cat inside the big tape-deck!:) I like most of the pics as they tell the story of your interests, love and the central part of your life. But, I am afraid that regarding the car album I have to agree with Jacco; those images would be better kept on your computer - not on your library albums.

Good luck,;)

Brian

Thank you Brian,

You know, I really liked that red car.
He was a year younger than my son.
And he lived two years longer.
In his last moment, he had saved my life and my colleague.

Best Regards,

Gyuri