The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

This is:

Attachments

• IMG_6863.JPG
    IMG_6863.JPG
    631.9 KB · Views: 92
Hi,

Since I changed my job recently, I had relatively little time for DIY/audio activites...
Some of the colleagues organized a farewell party for me, and, beside the cake, they bought me a surprise gift: An RC helicopter!
So here I am, learning to fly:)
Will try to make a few pics and share with you :cool:

I wuz pretty good at crashing R/C airplanes......:D:D:D

Who sez ya need to learn how to land them - they come back down all by themselves!!! :eek:

Me too. Do you still fly?
Last 1 I crashed was a .40 P-51D that I built with my oldest son.

We both tried RC choppers (pc simulation)and couldent get it up and back down.

Well, I guess if you count simulations I crashed lots of planes.
Those RC sims are great. Even the old one I have is great.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I wuz pretty good at crashing R/C airplanes......:D:D:D

Who sez ya need to learn how to land them - they come back down all by themselves!!! :eek:

Nah - no more crashing R/C toyz for me. I gave that up along with the 1st wife back around 1980. I think the controls were still had tubz and the planes had canvas for a skin.... :rolleyes:
Gee - that seems like a million years ago.. :D:D:D

I have a friend who completely constructs/assembles his own r/c heli's, had the attached double garage of his home converted to a dedicated workshop, even has a spray paint cabin.

Looks like a race shop, various model helicopters on special stands with wheels, just like high performances engines.
The 4 feet models he makes are supposedly SOTA, do some $65k in total cost, completely electric driven, they're apparently more agile than gas operated ones.
Guy enters competitions, both national as abroad.

Every time I visit him, my lack of diplomatic skills makes me end up in the workshop for another model tech recital, Yawn !
Watching video footage of a model helicopter competition on his 103" B&O screen is pretty cool, though.

Last edited:
Safer than other hobbies.

His former boss and current competitor (orthopedic shoes) had a thing for driving a prepped Ducati 996 on race tracks (stopped after he ended up in a wheelchair for a span again at age ~63).

At least the Duc makes so much money that his daughter Debby could open a shoe shop in former colony Surinam to help people there.
Picture of Debby & partner Guillaume in the outback (also both bizz related and personal friends) : https://picasaweb.google.com/101047058473558429071/2Mrt201104#5579574375582887570

(click "jac wittekamp" if leprosy related images are Your thing)

Last edited: