The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Do you mean IRL as in Ireland? :confused: If so, then come here one evening when you have a week to spare and I will tell you!!:D:D:D

IRL always boils down to Ireland. I love Ireland. First time, 19 years old I was motorcycling north europe. Ferry to south england, wingeling thru southern thru wales and up to the north western. Ferry to Isle of Man, 11 days of racing (thats another story), and then from Douglas to Belfast. When we arrived to Belfast (3 out of 4) we gassed on first gear up to the first streetlight, to read the map 2 o'clock in the morning.

Then we heard a strange but familiar sound. Someone was unsecuring his weapon. Behind us was 3 up to the teeth armoured GB acne covered soldiers. Sha, clam down we told them, and they only responded: down on the ground! Ok, MCs on stands and lay down. I didnta have a stand so I had to lay it on the side.

"What are you doing here and what are your purpouse?" Just traveling by sir.

"Hwo told you it was safe to go here this time an hour?" Noone sir, we are just travellers.

"Let me look at your map" (officer). Here sir.

"where are you going?" To this school sir, they told us we could sleep there.

Long pause.

"Ok. Here, I've pointed out the way you can drive there at this time an hour and I have niticed my collegues. If you drive of course you will be shot. You follow me?"

Dude lower the weapon.

Glassier unsecure eyes: " Do you follow me?"

We do.

Anyway. We got to the univerity where people had welcomed us, slept on the floor ate brakfast with some poor champions and headed downtown in the morning. Anywhere I ate a hamburger there was a tank rolling by. Those were the stupid days.

We headed down, visiting Derry, payed our solidarity ( a barred town by then) and down thru the beautiful coast of Ireland.

To be true, the most beautiful coast is to the north. But its still occupied by forigners.

All the best
Staffan

It is indeed true. The blend of maltlovers it says on the bottle. What a contradiction in terms. I just sued the bartender. Good luck to me.

Ok, stop the printers. We just agreed on a crappy talisker as settlement.

Peace
Staffan

Consider your tumbnails removed
Arberg 16 taste to much like TCP IMO:D
Talisker much beter
so left tumbnail for mentioning the Arberg and Right one for calling talisker crappy :D:D:D:D

Wuld one have to use pliers slow and very painfull or Superglue and string (may not happen the first time so is quite a funny way to do it)
I like superglue better but up to general population to decide

Last edited:
Consider your tumbnails removed
Arberg 16 taste to much like TCP IMO:D
Talisker much beter
so left tumbnail for mentioning the Arberg and Right one for calling talisker crappy :D:D:D:D

Wuld one have to use pliers slow and very painfull or Superglue and string (may not happen the first time so is quite a funny way to do it)
I like superglue better but up to general population to decide

BS once upon a time you had decent terms in the UK. Breakfast 3 times a day, cause its the only decent stuff you serve along the imported Guinness ( ok a decent bitter will pass) and by then you changed the opening hours so no man can get a decent bitter when he likes it. Like 8 in the morning or to the fight club at 5. Your so stiff ther in england;)

/Staffan

ZM I watched half of the video and I can tell I'm not even close. But even so, its a demanding circuit (and I've driven a few) its 5,5 km and you can expect anything (from horseshit do drunk spectators) so you got to hold your hat. I've had the pleasure to spend the camp with Joey Dunlop twice and he's got it. Unf. he died but not at Isle of Man. Isle of man is crazy. I have driven 1/3 of the circuit (upper, lover) in full throttle. My heart went out of the suit, even those days.

Staffan

Up from Douglas its much about speed and steer to the middle. No worries. When coming up in the hills its incredible foggy sometimes. And then downhill ro Ramsey. Thats my worst part because brakes gets misty and roads are slippy. The famous flybridge etc. Then its the hardest part, from Ramsey to Douglas. That I like. Curvy, bulky and full of sneaky passes. Then full throttle into Douglas again. Crazy

BS once upon a time you had decent terms in the UK. Breakfast 3 times a day, cause its the only decent stuff you serve along the imported Guinness ( ok a decent bitter will pass) and by then you changed the opening hours so no man can get a decent bitter when he likes it. Like 8 in the morning or to the fight club at 5. Your so stiff ther in england;)

/Staffan

Well being recent UK import I don't know much about that

Thing is we also have loock up
Once you been in same pub two times one became local and then prety son he get looked up inside

Unfortunatley for decent Guinness one have to go over the water from me
They Just closed changed owners of my neearest Irish Pub so no more Guinness (the bad one that hey do not sell in Ireland)and Bushmill for yours trully .:(

Not shure how stiff english are. Being Italian I am stiff quite a lot I think ;)

Hey this is PUB so just a bit of taking the Mick as they say n Liverpool no need to get upty dupty dodo

Last edited:
Get yourself a very fast motorboat - with a Lamborgini engine (that is Italian!!!!) - and you can be in Dublin in no time at all!!! Plenty of pubs with black nectar and some stay open all day and night!!. Turn Left when you get to the sea and keep a straight line...swerve to miss Anglesea.... before you realize you will be there!!!

Get yourself a very fast motorboat - with a Lamborgini engine (that is Italian!!!!) - and you can be in Dublin in no time at all!!! Plenty of pubs with black nectar and some stay open all day and night!!. Turn Left when you get to the sea and keep a straight line...swerve to miss Anglesea.... before you realize you will be there!!!

ARGH now I do fill realy home sick gone the times with fast motor boats as well.
we used to do Venice Capodistria in 45 minutes
return trip tok longher as boat was full of Ciggies.

Wuld not go to Ireland that way the wateris to cold

Que ?

If you bring a suitcase with a few million bucks, you might have a chance at a decent Lamborghini Quetzal offshore powerboat.
(or half a million for the carbon & kevlar fiber hull without the engines)

Or go Chevy marine big block with the 552ci twin-turbo, 1350 horse power from a single engine, baby !
(Lambo motori marini never got higher than 950hp on the 8.2ltr)

Que ?

If you bring a suitcase with a few million bucks, you might have a chance at a decent Lamborghini Quetzal offshore powerboat.

Or go Chevy marine big block with the 552ci twin-turbo, 1350 horse power from a single engine, baby !

Jacco payes

Altec 806's on 811's. but i wasnt sitting there thinking that they were missing something up top. NO woofer.
Nice combination, especially if you are inside where you can appreciate it.
naah ......
Choky, you know we love you because of your spirit. There's only so many in the world that have that.

Que ?

Getting a few pints of good stout can run expensive!!;)