The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

70 Euro a shot for Grappa ?
not mistaken with louis XIV?

Funy thing grappa I have tried same 70 volumes a friend made on his still. Clear as water and melow on palate I could realy feel the texture of the grape pips between my teeth (no you doddo no grape pips on it as was clear as water Just the feel of it)then big badabang when it gets to botom absolutley fantastic but he only does (used to)10 botles a year.Lests see about 1984 in Udine army district he was from Val D'Aosta so it was prety good for me to remember that far back

If you can get it look for Nardini (I like the yelow ish one melow compared to clear one)

any way funny thing of grappa one is totaly sober while having first second and third
shot glass after decent meal and normaly conversation will start and continue at least till there is enoug grappa left on the table with warious degrees of arm flapping about till one for same reasons decide to get up and the is hey TIMBER.
Wake up in the morow and do not rememeber a thing
Even funnier witnesing this as a chain reaction...
One goes up and hey Timber 2 go up to help one and hey Timber 3 go up to help one and 2 and is tre on the deck normaly the rest of the table stay put and carries on drinking.

Don't know much about black economy stereo Speakers where normaly Italian and all the best gear came from the UK at the time but I was out of that loop as I had a 32Kw electrovoice system to play with at the time

Hey Vat69 is blend no single malt by the way

Last edited:
As they were some of the friendliest, generous, welcoming people I have met I feel that it would be a big lack of gratitude to plaster their names over the WEB. However, I will try to write something over the next few days which may just give some idea of their great joy of life, music, and manic pursuit of having the best of equipment on which to play it.

I will have to disguise their names, and attempt to leave no strong recognition points.

Expect something in a few days.

Can you remove the thumbnail? It would please me if you can.:eek::);)

Thanks ZM.:)

speaking of ...... horn thread is silent , lately ?

agree for movie(s) , book(s)

I'm sucker for (Sci) Fi , Fire & Sword things ...... since my early childhood

now I'm in a middle of it , so I'm expecting several decades more of enjoying in these genres

:)
I know. Need to get back to speaks. Busy with amps. LOve movies and their ability to convey a message. Books the same. It's a beautiful life.

Hey that about the Brunello is realy true being there and yes goes wery well with wild game

Any Italian wine need to be left to rest open for a while going is 1/2 hour for each year of age past 3 and up to 5 hours for older ones.

Want funny story about vino

RUINS - Fire! (1984) - YouTube
Ask Brian Ferry if he remember ending up under a table whith those dudes in 1986 at the
Lido Festa del Cinema we where drinking Barbera

You can remove my thumbnails any beautiful day. I wont reveale ****. Anyway I just had a thing going under single malts called B.N.J. No tar, mildely smokey, still highland springwater taste. What a crap, bring me back some Arbeg 16.

Any winter still? Here is minus 2 and the father of all lost kids just putted his skies in the weather. Anders Carlberg, the converter of skins and the builder of bridges between suburb gangs in the famous "fridge house" passed away. Cya on the barricades Anders, RIP until.

Best
Staffan

Last edited:
BNJ is a blend...NOT a malt! OK heavy on malt in the blend. It is popular in Scotland for removing paint from doors!!!

I love it as it cuts through the nicotine.

It is indeed true. The blend of maltlovers it says on the bottle. What a contradiction in terms. I just sued the bartender. Good luck to me.

Ok, stop the printers. We just agreed on a crappy talisker as settlement.

Peace
Staffan

Since I'm about equally out of battery on this phone as I am out of sanity, spelling and overall judgefulness I find it the perfect opportunity to ask you fellow of the ring about your IRL experiances relating to the art of construction of fidelity stuff. Me and myself has a brief history on this subject but I have had the opportunity of meeting with the more experienced. They divide to me in some under cathegories, dividing by the two major: the ones who can calculate but avoid listening and the ones who gave up calculating and trust the bones. I of course have respect for the two but I, as this post is exepted you to be epressive about, do love the bones (ears) as a calculator. So many timrs I have been trapped by numbers without seeing the whole concept. So many times I have been decieved.

IE, very subjective but all the long.

Yours sincerely
Staffan

I'm all ears. I think, as a stupid, the one cant be without the other. Thats why I like it. The symbioses. Accordingly to that, its the looks. Sometimes the listener and the visionary artist of look and feel are the same but not always. Then comes the fourth guy. We all like him, the accountant. Do you have a sound budget for this? It all blows up.

Then I had that silly moment at the local. The most drunk turd of course decided to challenge me and called me the stuff. BT calmed it off but as the turd seemed to do as well I asked him what he ment. Agressive glasseye tried to remember and bar-personal came around. "Personal chat outside" was avoided. Good thing I guess. I know the bloke from football. If I was evil I would be starring him down next time when he is almost sober. Or have a decent chat maybe. Taking his hand and have the decent conversation. That is my abbreviation of decency, politics and religion. There is to much hatered in the world. And to much accountants.

Cheers and bless you
Staffan

..................................................................................................................to ask you fellow of the ring about your IRL experiances relating to the art of construction of fidelity stuff.......................

Yours sincerely
Staffan

Do you mean IRL as in Ireland? :confused: If so, then come here one evening when you have a week to spare and I will tell you!!:D:D:D

recently hooked up a pair of Altec 806's on 811's. Now these things are definitelly not flat to 20kHz, but i wasnt sitting there thinking that they were missing something up top. With both hooked up and me sitting about 12 ft away, I was taken aback out how nice they sounded with Ginger Baker playing through them. I high passed them at 1000 and then 800. NO woofer. I learned how nice and airy horns can sound(possibly mentally substituting for lack of extension) and also how much of the music I enjoy is 1000 and below. Its where the meat is, the body, the curves.