The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Its irritating to think how advanced many Nazi scientist were in their thinking. I guess it equals the price that was paid. Whoa. That was way to serious. My bad.

I've got a working crazy theory that if it wasn't for Albert Einstein and the atomic bomb we would all probably be gonners.

Scary to think about that huh.

If it wasn't for the vacuum tube we'd all be gonners, so show some respect you SS whipper snappers!

Fat man and little boy is the best movie for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ0P7R9CfCY

They're using bloody flat head screwdrivers for goodness sake!!!!

I'd love to have this audio system though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emVaK5MoPBg

Last edited:
They sent those bloo%y monkeys to fix my iPad problem!:mad::mad:

They filled the electronics with peanut butter, the house with a very nasty smell and climbed up the curtains yelling abuse! And to add insult to injury the cat may be pregnant!!

PS

Just found the last source of smell...behind what remains of the curtains.:grumpy::grumpy:

You are just picking on me...What with ZM's computer anorak monkies and now you!! Phew, what a life!!

:D:D:D:D

didn't watch because of:
A ( ) Too Boring
B ( ) Too Obscene
C (x) Didn't want to configure no-script.

y9tvm.jpg

yep, love my ipad 3 with its 10 hour battery life, retina display for you know what, excellent wifi chip, and jailbroken status.

I know one friend who bought an ASUS android tablet and he says that everytime he goes to use it the battery is dead, leave it 1 day and the battery is dead.

Not the case with my ipad 3...leave it a week and it might be on 50% /with/ wifi turned on all that time.

Last edited:
You bet it is. I don't own an iPad but the macs do I own have more than paid off in the lack of need for others ($) to assist.

Dunno about that but I can tell you that Microsoft has finally fallen on its own sword with Windows 8, it almost did it too with Vista, and if I had to choose W7 over XP I'd choose XP because I've had to abandon over 10 years of applications just because of the need to upgrade to W7... DAMN!

Was having issues with getting 1 fps in fallout 3.

Turns out that it was WASAPI causing that, It might be the fact that it requires a high priority, but I lend towards it being Microsoft's fault. So now I can't enjoy a good game while listening to HQ audio coming from Foobar 2k...

Getting even more off topic:
So let me get this straight:

#1 Microsoft has soiled its only product line.
#2 We have a world economic crisis, Our entire world economy is based upon a recurring loan.
#3 Products are no longer as good quality as they used to be but you pay more anyway.
#4 Companies are cutting back on the quantity that you get in a packet of food, but food prices are rising.
#5 People are still having tons and tons of kids but nobody wants to talk about the inevitable overpopulation issue.

What part of 'holy dumb ****' doesn't anyone get?

People ask me why I bought a Core i3 2120-T and put it onto an Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Gen 3 motherboard (+ Gigabyte GTX 650 OC 2GB), if anyone has seen the power supply section of this motherboard will tell you that its overkill even for the high end CPU's, so why am I powering a lowly little Core i3 with it?, I always tell them that I never know if I will ever be able to buy another computer again, what I don't tell them is that I think it could very well end up being the last computer line ever made because the tech world could end tomorrow.

I always plan something that I am going to build based upon that assumption, hardening them for EMP and making sure that they will run off a solar panel/12v battery system, standardizing on Anderson Power poles and picking the highest reliability/efficiency components over the ones which will last the least longest or consume the most power.

My computer is built inside of a Norco RPC-430 case, with 80mm Sanyo Denki long life exhaust fans (5v bus powered) and wire mesh for EMI filtering on the back, the entire computer then slides into a 6U Aluminium Roadcase which has been completely sealed around the outside.

And you know what people think of me, they think I'm crazy or dumb. So I'm crazy or dumb because I believe that the modern western society will collapse someday? That I might have to fend for myself, leave my home? Set up camp in the wind or rain, thunderstorms or lightning, floods, fend off thieves or murderers....

Lets face it, we have 7 billion people in the world and the number rises every day, no one is doing anything about it and nobody cares that nothing is being done about it, everyone just keeps on putting the problem off and off and off and enjoying life.

I'd die to know what the "plan" is for them to recover the economy, but they couldn't really admit the money system is a fraud, could they?

The only reason why I am on diyaudio.com at all is because I want to build/design a good DAC and a good tube preamplifier that will run off SLA or deep cycle batteries for my own personal use when the &&&& hits the fan, and have good conversations with other like-minded people, unlike the usual tripe that you will find around here locally.

Last edited:
You bet it is. I don't own an iPad but the macs do I own have more than paid off in the lack of need for others ($) to assist.

What do you mean by "others"?

Computers, or people?

I've got two good freinds that love macs!
They say "it just works"!

And they are happy. So like I said if you like them rock on.
I would proably use them for art and stuff like that.

Let me restate....I'm not a pc fanboy. I like to have fun there is ups and downs to both. I hate the guys that get mad talking about mac VS. Pc... Ps3 VS. Xbox.... Ford VS.chevy etc. Might as well get mad about colors of your shirts!
Diffrent strokes and all!

Last edited:
I agree, they do, but I hate the way they 'lock them up' to only work with their software.

Its funny. I seem to remeber that this was one of the major accusations of apple and others against Microsoft. They said they were a big bully who tried to dominate the market and keep competition from penetrating their product and the products they shipped with. Few years later, and you could argue that Apple has become what it hated. Of course no Apple owner will ever admit this. What Apple should be applauded for, is their ability to create a brand that is interwoven into the notion of success/achievement/arrival in this and any country. Apple is a symbol of success, and owning one of their products seems to convey this. They are seen as the end of the road, but it is just an image, not reality. Hell, they are more valuable than Exxon. For goodness sake, Exxon. I am not saying they don't do things well, but they are not all that everyone claims. In time, they will be hacked and butchered just like the Microsoft products and there will be another upstart around to happily take their place.....assuming they don't just buy it.