The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

WHAT!!!

Attachments

• owls-being-cute-11.jpg
    owls-being-cute-11.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 124
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Contemplating the frankenstorm heading my way. Anyone else on the east coast considering it?

"Hurricane Sandy — continuing to head north and lashing the Bahamas tonight with 105 mph winds — could set a “historical precedent” along the East Coast, forecasters warn, if the worst were to happen early next week.

This October surprise mixes a cold front coming in from the west, Arctic air coming down from the north, a jet stream that will “capture” the storm, a full moon, plenty of leaves on the trees — and a wind-whipping, wave-crashing Sandy"

Meanwhile my damn house is missing a front door and siding.

Attachments

• house.JPG
    house.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Guess what happened to me!

My daughter who is in university autumn break, appeared in front of me and asked me give her something to read.
I could not spit or swallow in surprise suddenly.
This is a very difficult question, because I want to see if she's reading from a lot.
Now what I suggest to her?
Now I have given into her hands:

Sam J. Lundwall - Alice's World - No Time for Heroes
Boris Vian - 'L'Écume des jours
John Steinbeck - Tortilla Flat
John Steinbeck - East of Eden
John Steinbeck - The Winter of Our Discontent

I hope I'm choosen well.

Attachments

• DSC_06750001.JPG
    DSC_06750001.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 122
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Your Yoda wears a fearsome watch; is it mechanical?....and I am pleased to see a smoker in this pub!!;)

my Yoda is writing now ( as a Frenchie , he's too lazy to change account and write as him self ):

"yes , it is mechanical ; I had thought that Serbia is sort of desert island , so there will not be batteries to purchase , in case of longer stayin' here ; btw. my Padawan's cig's (Drina bez filtera) are excuisite , reminding me on Player's Navy Cut ....... "

Player_s_navy_cut_finest_virginia_s_20_b_white_blue_england.jpg

Attachments

• dbf.jpg
    dbf.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 85
Last edited: