The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Thank you for all of you good wishes guys!!! :grouphug:
SWMBO iz trying to get me to pay attention and fuss'n at me - a sure sign that she iz feeling better.... :rolleyes:

Our Schnoodle Mitzi misses Murphy very much - I think that she iz every bit az heartbroken as the Mrs. Murphy raised her from when she wuz a puppy and they played together all day every day. But we are looking for a playmate for her and a sweetheart for the Mrs. It will all work out so no worries. Some tears yes - but worries? = Not really. ;)

Anyone have some hot lotto numbers they wanna let me in on??? :D:D:D

Last edited:
But we are looking for a playmate for her

I have heard that you want to wait a bit before doing that as if a new one shows up now, it might not be as welcomed by the other doggy. It's a kind of a threat when the first doggy still thinks the newly deceased one might be coming back. Something about the lonely dog getting lonelier and needing the company and therefore being more accommodating of the new one.

Maybe.

Better call Cesar Millan.

Give your wife a big hug and best wishes on the healing (physical and mental) from all of us would you? :grouphug:

Ta.

While you're at it, give yourself one too. :)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I have heard that you want to wait a bit before doing that as if a new one shows up now, it might not be as welcomed by the other doggy. It's a kind of a threat when the first doggy still thinks the newly deceased one might be coming back. Something about the lonely dog getting lonelier and needing the company and therefore being more accommodating of the new one.
Roger that Cal and thank your for your kind concerns. Susan and I have been rescuing critters for the better part of 20 years now and share those concerns as well as others.

We had a visit this afternoon from the local rescue group to have the house surveyed and our character checked out. Susan of course passed with flying colors. I sat in the corner and stayed quite (yeah sure, as if that could happen.:rolleyes:) Mitzi loved the little dachshund that this lady owns and we had a great visit and Mitzi was jazzed to have another gal around to go out into the yard with. So - this gal iz gonna see what comes in that needs a new home and that she thinks would be a good fit. They just shut down a puppy mill in Georgia and are bring up about a dozen of the dogs that were there and will be needing new forever homes, and they get dogs in all of the time - so shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks.

Give your wife a big hug and best wishes on the healing (physical and mental) from all of us would you? :grouphug:

Ta.

While you're at it, give yourself one too. :)

I have been giving the Mrs. lots of hugs and kisses - and Mitzi too.

Az for myself - well I'm always giving myself hugs and kisses in the mirror - but that's a story for another time.... :D:D:D

Joined 2006
Paid Member

Attachments

• Surfer girl with Woody.jpg
    Surfer girl with Woody.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 120