The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

No kidding. Sunday 'I am riding in car listening to NPR radio, and there is a talk show on and they are discussing unusual foods that Brits and Australians eat that we do not have here in US. First thing they talk about is this &^!@ called Marmite that the Brits eat. Sounds disgusting to me, but whatever. Some yeast based stuff that is supposed to be good for you. Before I realize it, they have moved on to talking about another product that Australians eat. The host says its terrible and disgusting. They call it vegemite:rofl: I just about wrecked I was laughing so hard.

I've had them both, they're vile.

ookin Dodos

venerable 'rishtalian is on vacation , and everybody are with belly up

:rofl:

Well this one is back in Ecosse!:p:p:p France is over...in fact the only thing which was not good was my foot! And I still suffer....bl..dy gout.:eek:

And I brought back a few cases of decent Bordeaux and Burgandy to see me through the winter.:):)....in continued pink elephant pain!

That dirty b...h which Thomas kindly [:confused:] introduced me to not only chews her own nails, but has severely shortened mine too! And THEN she started on .......oh well!:mad::mad::D:D:D. The second introduction [ to British Royalty!] keeps my hopes afloat and my thoughts a quiver.:cool::cool:

Admittedly that sounds good.

There has been a lot of comment on the John Curl thread on GM food - mostly giving a rather pessimistic view of the effects on the human life support system. I do not normally read about such matters but, given the choice I would avoid food which features GM modified products in its production chain. All that worries me is that in some areas such choice is being reduced so rapidly that a time is close to hand when choice will no longer be available. It strikes me that nowhere near enough independent research has been carried out prior to large scale introduction of such foodstuffs....and that includes animal foodstuffs!

Yet that pig BBQ sounds mouthwatering!

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• A-Dead-Dodo.jpg
    A-Dead-Dodo.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 140
Sleep well friend. I am currently listening to MA Alpair 7.3 crossed to a pair of xxls subs. They soun dreally good, little bright, but great 3d sound. Not efficient enough for my taste at 87dB @1W. Also have a pair of his 12.2 which are larger at about 6", and more efficient @92dB. Havent heard them yet. Strongly considering AN 15 because Melon likes them. I grew up listening to Dad an dBrother play guitar through 12 or 15" Alnico guitar speakers, so i have a certain affinity for big diaghrams, hence consideration of AN 15. Been following Lynn Olsens thread about LeCleach horns andAltec 416B woofers as well as Melon's OB thread. Have a funny feeling i like something similar to mighty ZM, from what i have read. I am fresh canvas, paint away. I trust your advice, perhaps foolushly:D