The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Great work. That is what I like to hear.
This sounds like it is going to be your first baby.
Yes. :)

If there is anything you can finish in the next few days then finish it. Once you have children, what use to take days to finish, turns into years to finish.
I have a colleague who got his first child some six months ago, and he was "training" me about the baby experience; that's why those days I was working hard to make some things ready...my wife and other family members were were a bit perplexed as to why was I putting so much time and effort into this. Their comment was: "..you won't have the time neither for music nor movies.." and my reply was: "We will do it together (with the baby)-I will get him used to the music.."

On the positive side if you create an army of dummies then your productivity increases exponentially as they get older. You just need to train them early. Put nice pictures of soldering irons around their cot.
:rofl:

Time will tell if he will have an affinity for music/electronics. Maybe yes, maybe not. I will offer him a free choice. My father is a totally non-musical person, he never listens to music, neither is he interested in electronics. Even from my teenage days, it was hard for him to grasp as to why I need such big speakers and lots of tapes/CD's. Nevertheless, he showed his support in a way that I found strange at first, but now I feel grateful: He was refusing to buy me a bigger stereo, no matter how much I begged him :D. On the other hand, he was quite willing to buy me technical books and electronics parts, and I was also taking apprenticeship at some of his friends-Radio and TV repairers...that's how I was introduced to DIY...
The affinity for music and electronics most probably came from mother's side; My uncle (and also my mother's uncle) was a DIY-er of sort, liked music-his son is a songwriter and lead vocalist of a local band...
Here it is: NAFTA - Samo Senke Prolaze (2008.) by Nafta on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

And something on youtube: NAFTA-Kre?em Se Ka Suncu (Live@Studio M) - YouTube

ZM will most probably recognize the band...

I've been already warned. Maybe too much :D. I also received dire warnings when I got married. What I have concluded up to now is: 50% is true, other 50% is not. 50% is luck, the other 50% is hard work and (life) management. Regarding kids. Seen really different types. From sweet and nice to really hyperactive ones who would overturn the whole place in less than 30 seconds...so I guess again that the same rule applies: 50% luck, 50% hard work/management/education/creativity...

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• ZM's-hunt.jpg
    ZM's-hunt.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 106