The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Annnnnnnnnnnd today's quiz is about - being smarter than the teacher?:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Written test.jpg
    Written test.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 106
My dummie sister received a lot of grief at school for similar smartass answers such as

Q: "What was Shakespeare's wife's name?"

A: "Mrs Shakespeare"

She also stuffed the music teacher's piano strings with toilet paper.

We, on the other hand, stayed nameless as our pranks were more vicious! We (three of us) 'arranged a delivery of three tons of coal to the home of a very nasty French master!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
My dummie sister received a lot of grief at school for similar smartass answers such as

Q: "What was Shakespeare's wife's name?"

A: "Mrs Shakespeare"

She also stuffed the music teacher's piano strings with toilet paper.

We, on the other hand, stayed nameless as our pranks were more vicious! We (three of us) 'arranged a delivery of three tons of coal to the home of a very nasty French master!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I like the way your dummy sister thinks!!!!

As to the three tons of coal - it would be vicious if the coal had been on fire when delivered. Now THAT is nasty!!!! :D:D:D

Joined 2006
Paid Member
....so does she............smug brat!:):)

Speaking of hot blooded women - here is today's interesting tip. I come up with this stuff when you guys leave me alone to long without adult supervision - as you are well aware of by now (well - you should be anyway). :D:D:D

How to start a fire with a tampon...... Yeah - you read that right....:D:D:D
EPISODE 2: MANPON - Yahoo!

Attachments

• Manpon - fire starting.gif
    Manpon - fire starting.gif
    77.7 KB · Views: 91
Like that ZM!:D

I use the following soldering kit....great for SMDs!

The white tubey thing at the front of the second pic is essential...that ensures that you get eyes and nose full of smoke, which gives the impression at least that some work is being done. :cool:

Attachments

• 125790827_tp.gif
    125790827_tp.gif
    28.4 KB · Views: 114
  • Mini05.jpg
    Mini05.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 109
Keith Grant who was the chief recording engineer/producer at Olympic Studios in London sadly passed away last month. There is a lot of interesting material to be found on Google etc. including this:

Keith Grant - RecordProduction.com - pictures - photos - stock images of record producer, music producers, music recording studio and musicians

It was ZM's post above which caused me to have a look as Keith went to work in Teddington Studios when Olympic was sold to Virgin Records...whose rebuild ruined one of the best sounding studios ever!

Keith was a great guy and gave me one of my first amps, a HK Citation One and Two set. It had been used for bass on some tracks on the Stones' 'Sticky Fingers' album! Later I bought the studios Radford TT100 monitor amp and the very first pair of Tannoy 'Reds' which were built to Keith's briefing.

He will be missed.

"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most ... Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in."

Secondhand Lions (2003) - IMDb

Well put ZM......

Choice in such things is a unique human strength.:)

[I could be cheap and suggest that you have been lurking on the Blowtorch thread - but that would be cheap!:eek::eek:]