The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

yummy

just keep writing
:)
Well, not much more from that mountain except from the obvious. We had beaten the yanks to El Nido and when they came ans saw us there they had mixed emotions to tell at least. I saw them coming so I scraped ice and putted on some potatoes. When they came, barely walking with oxygen masks, me and Isaac played some football just to enoy them.

And well we summited well before them even if we started same time next morning. They roped, we had a nice walk (they didnt know we had acclimatized 7 weeks b4):D

Anyway, lots of nice stuff there in Bolivia, I really recommend it and I can tell a lot of stories. But maybe if you want, Ill tell tou about my last summit, Mt Elbrus in Russia?

and, while I remember. I see that I wrote some strange stuff yesterday. I was with a friend that has a cargo ship (im not kidding) full of tube stuff. Its like Ali Babas cave full of tubes and trannies, and its good stuff too. I always get nicely drunk on that boat deck, as today.

Anyway, after I came home and wrote that enigma stuff I was obviously creative, because i found this email in the morning:

Stockholm Arlanda
Sverige
Terminal 2
Amsterdam
Holland
06:25
08:35
KL1106
KLM
Amsterdam
Holland
Bucharest Otopeni
Rumänien
09:15
13:00
KL1373
KLM

Im obvously going to Romania on thursday. I guess it has something to do with an article I read that Romania has 80% of europes bears in their forests. Lets find out

Last climbing story for tonight, I promise;)

Some guys from a forum wanted to newbie climb a big mountain and I got a call, since they knew I had done most mountains. They wanted a guide and I didnt have to much to do so I asked my boss and they even sponsored it so off we were to Mother Russia.

Or, well Georgia or whatever they call it now. The obligatory bribes to "policemen" all the way and finally we are there. At the foot of europes highest. Almost a kilometer m higher then Mont Blanc, a twin vulcan, it is mighty indeed.

I lead one of two rope teams and my biggest challenge at the beginning was to hold the young team back. It holded amongst them a thriathlon master so they wanted to push. I told them we can push when we get up, now get some oxygen.

As a mail in the mailbox they started to get sick on the altitude. Its usually the fittiest that gets it first. So I learned them how to altitude. 800 m up, 300 m down. Sleep, do it again until you ready.

3 guys was to sick and showed bad signs so i had to go down with them. Eudemia. When I came up again next day the weather had gone bad. We went to Pashtukov Rocks, about 4 800 mtrs. Two days there is like a jail in Ukraine for youngsters that have not experienced before, so it was a challenge just to keep them there:D

Second day the wind was hurricane size and I told them to keep their feet dry. 4 Polish guys made a push in the weather. We found them the next day, 2 of them. Dry, icy and dead.

The next night i could see the stars so I knew this was out window. 12 out of 15 made it to the top that day, the 3 others I got up 2 days after. Hurray!

Morning after summit it snowed 120 centimetres. My tent is the green, and I had to dig myself out
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Just above Pashtukov Rocks

wakoo Swede :rofl:

anyway , I'm in the sort of similar mood - watching Long Way Round and Long Way Down , again ..... but this time Special Edition - both somewhat extended , comparing to initial versions

Read or watch Into Thin Air by John Krakauer. He was there whith 2 of my friends in -96, one of them my racing buddy Göran Kropp. We made formula racing license together and after that he unfortunately slipped and died in the US 2002.

Anatoly was the other. Anyway this is the story of mountains, they are bigger then men.

Rest in peace Jon Lord and we will play your songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqEW53Ui2no

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• manuel.jpg
    manuel.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 79
Dear all
I am Sorry to say....

I am Going to Venice for a week to get Yarly fix of FIFI sounds
The Merchant of Venice in exactley same rooms and periode instruments wuld be nice again (unless they discover time particle and make time machine one can not get more FIFI than that) and touch and leggit on 17th century organs, Vivaldi and friends on periode instrument are around evvery corner
then Bro and Nep had 2 more years guitar lessons since I last been and my Kid is there on Bass and Brother in Love plays key boards proffesionaly
I am shure I may get enough grape juce in me to cover Pan set duty.

So you special lovers get duly green with envy...

O crapppppp did you see weatherforecast for Venice next few days...