The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

It took me most of the night to find her - it happened just around the time that SWMBO came into the room - and presto!!! - a fish!!! :D:D:D

Here are a few more...all salmon catchers supreme! [These old pics have no such bait/illusions as 2C2's fine pair, but I suspect that the ladies involved were probably better taken with salt and vinegar.];)

Only of interest as the lady fisher shown in the first two pics was an American who lived in Scotland. She, Lettice Ward, caught some of the biggest Scottish Salmon ever caught....by woman OR man!!

The record Scottish salmon was caught by a teenaged girl.....over 64Lbs. The third pic shows that fish with it's captor and her father.

The fact is that women have caught a great number of salmon and figure high in success at catching really big fish. Some people think that it is due to their pheromones!

All fish caught on the River Tay in Scotland, except for the final pic which was on the Grand Cascapedia River in Canada.

The days of monster salmon has gone, though occasional 50lbs plus fish have been caught since WW11 in the UK.

Attachments

• LadyWard.jpg
    LadyWard.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 73
  • LadyWardKinnaird.jpg
    LadyWardKinnaird.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 70
  • man-woman-L.jpg
    man-woman-L.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 67
  • davis-2.jpg
    davis-2.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 71
Joined 2006
Paid Member
My usual line is sportfish boat (not far from truth)
They know that boy's will be boy's and we are not really fooling them for one second. I think that they regard our actions as rather cute - as long as we at least make an effort put up an innocent front. Very much like my mum would leave an issue of National Geographic laying around to look at with the bare breasted women of some backwoods native camp somewhere.

Do you have your fish and boobs with salt & vinegar, or consume them natural ?

Natural juices are always tasty - but there are times when additional flavoring can be a bit of a treat. I had this one girl friend that would always like to surprise me with new and interesting flavors and sauces that she could pick up at the local market.... :D:D:D

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Here are a few more...all salmon catchers supreme!

My Nana taught me how to fish (well Grandfather wuz there as well). She loved to fish and was very good at it. Grandfather and I would clean the fish and she would fry 'em up for dinner. Ahhhhhh - those were good times!!! :D:D:D

Actually - Nana taught me how to live bait fish - and Grandfather taught me how to fly fish. Nana could (and did) drink Grandfather under the table too.

My Nana taught me how to fish (well Grandfather wuz there as well). She loved to fish and was very good at it. Grandfather and I would clean the fish and she would fry 'em up for dinner. Ahhhhhh - those were good times!!! :D:D:D

Actually - Nana taught me how to live bait fish - and Grandfather taught me how to fly fish. Nana could (and did) drink Grandfather under the table too.

Nice Grandparents!:)

Women always use live bait whereas men always move to the fly first!!;);)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
we had idea to make special cheek-kissing set of pictures , but Jacco wasn't present ........ and we felt that impression can't be complete without multiple cheek-kissing photo session

everything to show our Metalkidoe that nothing is wrong with man-kissing :rofl:

so - just few pics - my Great Yoda ....... and later with moi

(I'm always wearing special T-shirt when visiting my friends from DiyA)

Attachments

• IMG_2822.jpg
    IMG_2822.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2892.jpg
    IMG_2892.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 76
To all of my friends, and to those ones who are not my friends. (yet)
I often go to this when I come here:
To you all,

Happy New Year and Best Wishes!

:wiz:

I believe that nothing expresses my feelings better than this song:

SCOTT MCKENZIE WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE VIDEO

What's the Difference Lyrics
by Scott McKenzie

"Hey friend, wake up! I'm throwing rocks at your window pane
Get out of bed! I got something to say
Pick up a toothbrush and sneak down the stairway
You got no reason you should stay

Hey, what's the difference if we don't come back?
Who's gonna miss us in a year or so?
Nobody knows us or the things we've been thinking
So what's the difference if we go?

Hey friend, wake up! I'm throwing rocks at your window pane
But don't wake your friends, they'll probably start to cry
You leave behind all the dreams they had planned for you
Don't worry, friend, they'll know why

What's the difference if we don't come back?
Who's gonna miss us in a year or so?
Nobody knows us for the things we've been thinking
So what's the difference if we go?
What's the difference if we go? "

Babowana, my friend!

Wacky Gyuri