The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Here is the software
A, B, C, Dipole

Very useful. it allows you to model the response and create active crossovers.
I went through the design process a while back. I developed the active crossover design and then modelled them and converted them to a passive crossover.
I was already to attack it but then I got heavily into riding motorbikes and went MIA.
Anyway the original plan has changed now. So I will need to start from the beginning again.
I know exactly what I want, and I think I will get it, I just hope this full range speaker is good.
I am starting to think I might put a 1st order High Pass filter on it. Although the manufacturer reckons it is OK for open baffle I don't like that Xmax is 1mm.
Anyway I don't really need it for bass duties anyway. I've got that covered.
Just hope it sounds great. If it has great midrange and treble then I will be happy.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
They are absolutely bloody beautiful. Even if they sounded crap (and I know they don't) I would be happy to have them in my lounge room just to look at them.
Best looking DIY speakers I have ever seen. I reckon they might even look better than what I have been working on. :p

DIY in them was my part - choice of drivers , sim of TL cab , preliminary (seems it fill be final , too ) xover sch and general concept-in first place .
say , favor to fellow member of Baby DiyA

as I wrote , one local cab maker made boxes , for meuney , off course

How come you did not go Open Baffle all the way?
Was it too hard to maintain the efficiency and frequency response you wanted?

I still prefer TL bass ; in any case , one of conditions was not-biamping ;
in any case - entire xover is one coil , one cap ; no stinkin' attenuating parts

:clown:

I made some sims for Sonido 8" FR + 2x Eminence Alpha15 per side , and pair of them was made and everyone was happy

look here : http://tinyurl.com/d4ectwe

either use Chrome translator , or Google one

Last edited:
DIY in them was my part - choice of drivers , sim of TL cab , preliminary (seems it fill be final , too ) xover sch and general concept-in first place .
say , favor to fellow member of Baby DiyA

as I wrote , one local cab maker made boxes , for meuney , off course

I still prefer TL bass ; in any case , one of conditions was not-biamping ;
in any case - entire xover is one coil , one cap ; no stinkin' attenuating parts

:clown:

I made some sims for Sonido 8" FR + 2x Eminence Alpha15 per side , and pair of them was made and everyone was happy

look here : OB za Davora - Zvucnici - diyaudio.rs

either use Chrome translator , or Google one

I remember seeing these and almost buying a pair because i liked the look so much. I also liked that they offered both a FR unit and woofer. I might buy either the LCao or SOnido after GB when i get some time. Specially now I got cheat sheet1

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I remember seeing these and almost buying a pair because i liked the look so much. I also liked that they offered both a FR unit and woofer. I might buy either the LCao or SOnido after GB when i get some time. Specially now I got cheat sheet1

in short - Sonido's aren't Lowther's

they are lacking that ultimate speed,which Lowther's certainly have , but they also don't have some of Lowther shortcomings - shout (well , I learned from friend how to tame that ) and some construction flaws

overall - your GrandMa's radio spk , on steroids :clown:

Don't rush into this till you see what I am doing.

It may be a success or a dismal fail

I couldn't rush into it if I had to. THanks for looking out, though. I agree with your fetish for laterals. I have never heard the SIC or SIT amps, but the laterals trump other fets I have heard. It seems we must wait once again for the puppeteer to show us the strings...."I got no strings on me"

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Just when we thought that feedback is simple...
Actually, maybe it it simple, and then we (and ZM :D )will wonder why nobody has thought about that...

Attachments

• wile-e-coyote1.jpg
    wile-e-coyote1.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 77