The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
God Forbid !!!! ........ nothing against TT talk , but I think it's waste keeping it buried in Pub

it deserve own TT Pub ;)

Well - this is a good suggestion ZM and if I ever get some spare funds (that SWMBO doesn't spend 1st) or brianco gets some spare time then perhaps something would come of that. I would like to make my version of fridge sized TT a DIY thread that can actually be duplicated by someone that doesn't need their own metal lathe and machine shop to make - and I am keeping that in mind with my designs.

Plus - if OT TT thread were started then you could visit over there and spread as much BS as I am doing here..... :D:D:D

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Plus - if OT TT thread were started then you could visit over there and spread as much BS as I am doing here..... :D:D:D

you see , you got it right

double benefit - free Mad Hatter spirit everywhere

Attachments

• buehehe.gif
    buehehe.gif
    33.3 KB · Views: 98
Your Trident reminds me of the 1969 TVR Tuscan V8SE that I had to let go of near the birth of my daughter. The common wisdom that one needs time, money and space to rebuild a car came crashing down on me as I had none of the above. Though I did have a car that was one of 21 built and sent to the US. MAL007 was the VIN. That car was mean before it was crashed. It was considered the worlds fastest production car before the 427 went into the Cobra. At least that is what I have read. I believe it was top end alone, but it doesn't much matter. 289 HiPo in a light body is a great thing.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
1969 TVR Tuscan V8SE crashed. It was considered the worlds fastest production car before the 427 went into the Cobra. At least that is what I have read. I believe it was top end alone, but it doesn't much matter. 289 HiPo in a light body is a great thing.

I thought it wuz 429 cu. inch Ford they shoved into Cobra - not 427 Chevy.

Bill Crosby owned one with twin turbo's - the story about it was on one of his old comedian albums from da 60's....

Yes - the TVR's were very fast - but all I ever got to do wuz read about them. :D:D:D

Your Trident reminds me of the 1969 TVR Tuscan V8SE that I had to let go of near the birth of my daughter. The common wisdom that one needs time, money and space to rebuild a car came crashing down on me as I had none of the above. Though I did have a car that was one of 21 built and sent to the US. MAL007 was the VIN. That car was mean before it was crashed. It was considered the worlds fastest production car before the 427 went into the Cobra. At least that is what I have read. I believe it was top end alone, but it doesn't much matter. 289 HiPo in a light body is a great thing.

TVR had a very chequered history. In essence run by an engineer and an accountant. Accountant controlled money - until he went very sick. Said engineer - it is alleged - went a bit off the rails. Designed what was meant to be a TVR and in fact the original pre-production prototype Clipper was badged as a TVR - it was also built with an alloy body. The body was designed by an Italian body designer and wind-tunnel tested to be stable at over 200mph. It still existed about 12 years ago and - if I remember correctly - had a rag-top. The company broke up in its then format and the errant Engineer started up Trident - in Suffolk - which is a long way from Blackpool!! I also seem to remember that TVR went bankrupt at that time, but was bought out by quite a few rescuers - and this happened on a repeat basis. Last I heard it was under Russian and Singapore ownership though in which order I can't remember. Trident folded at least 30 years ago as a car maker, but for a while existed as a repair shop.

I am meant to be out celebrating tonight, but our guests - a couple who live nearby - have (diplomatically?) declined due to the missus being driven to her bed with a stomach bug.....or, maybe, she simply could not stand the prospect of eating in a restaurant with us......my table manners are atrocious!:cool::cool::D:D

This history is typical of small sports car makers in the UK! Although TVR in its many incarnations did out live all but Lotus.

Last edited:
I thought it wuz 429 cu. inch Ford they shoved into Cobra - not 427 Chevy.

Bill Crosby owned one with twin turbo's - the story about it was on one of his old comedian albums from da 60's....

Yes - the TVR's were very fast - but all I ever got to do wuz read about them. :D:D:D

Correct re. AC Cobra, Shelby pussy car I am pretty certain was same.

AC also used the smaller 289 Mustang engine in tuned form - Trident ditto and TVR mainly used the small block Buick, but I think a few cars had Ford v8 units.

PICS NOT STICKING!!!!AGAIN

Went for a walk this afternoon and chatted to a couple of fellow Irish immigrants:

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I am meant to be out celebrating tonight, but our guests - a couple who live nearby - have (diplomatically?) declined due to the missus being driven to her bed with a stomach bug.....or, maybe, she simply could not stand the prospect of eating in a restaurant with us......my table manners are atrocious!:cool::cool::D:D.

Most likely became ill at the mere thought of eating at most British restaurants. Meat that has been overcooked to the point of being burned to a crisp sitting next to a batch of unseasoned mash spuds and some sort of horrid green something – well – I simply can’t carry on for fear of becoming ill myself. Shall we agree that a discussion of English wine is completely pointless? I think I can hear Papa running for the WC at the mere mention of it.

OTOH – the Brit’s do have great desert carts – which might explain the need for a good dental plan.

Went for a walk this afternoon and chatted to a couple of fellow Irish immigrants: .

Yes – every now and again they are able to sneak past the guards. Clever chaps!!!! :D:D:D

Even something for the II brigade! (Italian Irish) Spinach gnocci???? What the Italians do with potatoes and then make them green and blame the poor Irish!!!!:mad::mad::p

Have a scan of the typical menus!

Dining at Burts Hotel, Melrose, Scottish Borders

and then dribble, feel as though you haven't eaten for a week and simply envious!!:D:D:D

Another go at attaching pics of the referred to Irish Friends a few posts ago.

Attachments

• Irish Friend 1.jpg
    Irish Friend 1.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 77
  • Irish Friend 2 crop.jpg
    Irish Friend 2 crop.jpg
    547.8 KB · Views: 75
Pitty I never had camera with me at the time (digital camera had not be invented then)so fell free to consider this total BS
We had a Napolitan Mastif in the recording studio as qute guard dog (yess the ones with serious sallivating issues) met one of (many) Jimmy ex girlfriend.

Poor thing she was totaly terorised and could not move till one of us toke pitty of her 5 minutes later (same would say that he was going to take over from the dog)

Even something for the II brigade! (Italian Irish) Spinach gnocci???? What the Italians do with potatoes and then make them green and blame the poor Irish!!!!:mad::mad::p

NONONO THAT IS TOTALY WRONG never never said spinach and is Gnochi by the way but let you off (what the F... up with me corecting other spelling me siko sad)

It said Chives

Only place one wuld se spinach there is inside Ravioli or Lasagne
And for big dady sake it is lasagne plural.

Hey you welcome to came over and see what Italians do with potatoes any time.

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Dining at Burts Hotel, Melrose, Scottish Borders

and then dribble, feel as though you haven't eaten for a week and simply envious!!:D:D:D

Another go at attaching pics of the referred to Irish Friends a few posts ago.

Ahhhhhhh - lovely Irish friends!!!!
And very nice food place to get sum grub at as well!!!! Actually - there are some very nice places that offer great food in Merry Ol' England and the food at the eateries has improved along with the times.

Just as everywhere - there are charming places with great food and great people - and some places you will need to run away from - most likely with the locals chasing you down the road.....

Actually the worst experiences that I had were in private homes with so called home cooking - but that brings to question the ability of the cook. ;)