The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Well being very bright I devised the drive system shown below as I really hate non-current drive devices. Plays a Handel record very well....sounds very realistic!:):cool:

Attachments

• My TT drive system.jpg
    My TT drive system.jpg
    760.1 KB · Views: 144
Sorry Bksabath, like all good ideas, someone always beats you (me) to it, Google Void turntable, I have the baby Valdi, the Reference used three motors.

Close but not there

3 motors just to complicate things still mounted on botom frame which then got platter palava armand balancing dudas mounted on spring of this.
2HP in motor power must be shaking tose springs a fair bit

Consider cheap and nasty 1 motor and Idler Flywheel on single totaly independent floating cradle.
Big heavy platter to take care of inertial forces thing. Fly wheel to shift resonant frequency I can put 2 extra motors on it but that to me is just marketing ploy

:rolleyes::rolleyes:Don't be to stupid.....that white thing behind it IS a fridge - ever since the price of heating oil went up to present levels and I spent my pension fund buying a Mississippi steamer for the engine....when I have the other one fitted I will be able to play that new fangled 'stereo' someone told me about. At present I am looking for a wealthy gf (MUST be able to cook and clear water weed from the paddles.)with a totally deaf left ear so that we can hear REAL stereo. :D

Must go and take a pic of the heavy weight platter for you to drool over!:drool::drool:

Just found one taken when I was young!

Attachments

• MY TT DRIVE.jpg
    MY TT DRIVE.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 117
  • cuiing a record.jpg
    cuiing a record.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 98
brianco - U R my kinda DUMMY!!!!

Oddly enough I ran sum numbers with Newton stuff some months ago - but I ain't tell'n what I came up with here 'cause it would destroy my hard earned dummy reputation ... - :D:D:D

EXACTLY why I kept so quite until now about my favourite TT. In fact I am rather proud of it and want to build a compact travel version for when I go jogging....So I did make a prototype but got banned from the road as the horn speakers were beyond the max width allowed on the narrow UK roads.:mad::mad:

I also made a more normal version for A/V use but was told that I looked so bright that I was once mistaken for Marty Feldmann.:rolleyes:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
So I did make a prototype but got banned from the road as the horn speakers were beyond the max width allowed on the narrow UK roads.:mad::mad:

I also made a more normal version for A/V use but was told that I looked so bright that I was once mistaken for Marty Feldmann.:rolleyes:

I think I spotted your prototype awhile back - but with my eyes can't be fer sure 'cause I see two of everything... :D:D:D

Attachments

• bicycle with speakers.jpg
    bicycle with speakers.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 71
Nawww. THAT is my brother's touring bike version I made for him. He sold it (immediately) to the guy in the background in the pic. Ungrateful little b**ger!:mad::mad:

Because I was not allowed to use my jogging prototype on UK roads, I started a one man band. Rehearsals were every friday night but no one bothered to turn up. So I went to Oakland by myself - with my kit - and entered the "Jessie Fuller Look-a-like" Competition! Judges threw me out just as I got to the "meanwhile in another city..." line. :mad::mad: They said that I just looked so obviously stupid and pale that they took it as an insult to Jessie and a danger to my health..:eek: I remonstrated to such an extent that they paid my fare back across the pond.:D:D

Joined 2006
Paid Member
So I went to Oakland by myself - with my kit - and entered the "Jessie Fuller Look-a-like" Competition! Judges threw me out just as I got to the "meanwhile in another city..." line. :mad::mad: They said that I just looked so obviously stupid and pale that they took it as an insult to Jessie and a danger to my health..:eek: I remonstrated to such an extent that they paid my fare back across the pond.:D:D

Well - now it looks as if I am losing my BS championship title...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Attachments

• Jesse Fuller One Man Band.jpg
    Jesse Fuller One Man Band.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 84
@ZM - Sales Enquiry....

I am moving back to Ireland...Do I get a better discount there than in Great Britain??:p:p:D

Now here is a real heatsink for really fast amps. And the second pic is the portable jogging horn with the one-man-band which didn't turn up to rehearse!!:cool:

Attachments

• VeryFast amp.jpg
    VeryFast amp.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 77
  • mario,marco,eugenio,bei.jpg
    mario,marco,eugenio,bei.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 80
Last edited: