The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
My audio buddy is with his lady this morning - all wrapped up in warm coats and scarfs to go to a local beer fest in downtown Nashville. Festival Information | 12 South Winter Warmer.

Ahhhhhh - to be 20 or 30 years younger again. Sweet memories of times past. Now I am getting sad.

I take medications that will not allow me the pleasures of alcoholic drinks, so I get to drive my drinking friends safely home when they should not be behind a steering wheel.

Attachments

• Beer Fest with Scott and Darla.jpg
    Beer Fest with Scott and Darla.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
My poor friend, you are very unfortunate.
Surely it would be another driver.
To hell with the medications.
You do not know, as you heal yourself?
The irony of things, my waist is practically not moving.
In the morning I sneeze once while sitting in a chair.
(Because that I somewhat have a touch of flu.)
Well, certainly in some way must to heal myself.
Isn't it?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
My poor friend, you are very unfortunate.
Surely it would be another driver.
To hell with the medications.
You do not know, as you heal yourself?

I do not regard myself as unfortunate at all for my joy with life comes from within myself and my family and friends. For me each day is amazing in simply living to see the sun arise and then go to bed and the stars come out - ahhhhh - life is a wonderful thing!!! Of course one can have a little more fun with things over a couple of glasses of good wine or a nice ale with friends - but I do not miss that at all really. I have been without the pleasure of a nice drink for over 20 years now and enjoy life this way as well - after all - life is what we make of it yes???

There are some things I can heal myself - but some other things need medication or a physicians assistance - at least this is so in my case.

The irony of things, my waist is practically not moving.
In the morning I sneeze once while sitting in a chair.
(Because that I somewhat have a touch of flu.)
Well, certainly in some way must to heal myself.
Isn't it?

I'm getting over a stomach virus myself. Part of that I am able to heal myself - and partly it takes time for that little virus to die off and go away.
:rolleyes:

"I see you better now, shaded in deeper blue.
Hardly needing to carry the find-your-way lamp
down to the river.
And tonight flies a better moon."

I do not know, dear Thomas, the above quote from how many different ways to interpret it.
For me, this express my feelings about you.
With accompanying music, especially.

Dear Thomas,

Thank you very much for you this nice video.
And for your best wishes.
Ah, those last words...
How much those words are true for.
And yes, I have a very beautiful day, despite this.
This is due to a lesser extent in red wine.
It is thanks for my new musical discovery mostly.
And to you, my friend!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Never been to Nashville, but New Orleans is a great city of character.
I remember lots of paintings of American Jazz greats, Louis Armstrong park.

I was stuck there on my honeymoon during Hurricane Georges, turned out to be a less than average hurricane. But the team work of people during that time was really nice. Customer's at a restaurant (open during curfew) all got together to help the owner out. He fed lots of people, you paid what you could (cash was tight, ATM's down), and you cleaned up your spot for the next person.

During tough times, there can be madness and grace.