The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Attachments

• Kid Shelleen.jpg
    Kid Shelleen.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 140
Joined 2006
Paid Member
You are in my neck of the woods. I showed my friends pics of Burning Amp, they said you look like a younger smarter me. I too wear wire frame glasses and have long hair, in a pony tail. It's not as brown as yours, well OK it's gray but that's not my fault. I think they were taking a shot at me.:p

Can't happen - ZM and me have ongoing battle for who is dumbest. Now when it comes to who is being ugliest we can start a whole new contest!!!! :D:D:D

Joined 2006
Paid Member
naah

that's too easy

1. I'm dumbest
2. I'm prettiest

:devily:

1. The dumbest contest is yet to be decided. But if my American Indian name is decided to be "Chief Smoking Amp" then I will be winner of dumb contest by a mile. BTW - Papa can confirm my dumbness - but that's another story.

2. Prettiest - no contest there from me - I don't have your beautiful locks of hair because I amputated my pony tail many years ago. But - If I am to be Chief Smoking Amp I might choose to grow it back. I have made da choice to change before and I have a few good changes left in me yet. Not a sex change tho - That would really **** off SHMBO...... ;)

3. You are kissy champ hands down!!!! We all know this.:D:D:D

Love the feel, of vintage steel....!

ZM--glad to see you are into vintage, two-wheeled, human-powered transportation. Fugly frameset you have there.

Here's the 1974 Raleigh Pro that I restored. Reynolds 531 chrome-moly steel frame, added braze-ons, internal brake cable routing, full Campy Record. The "bike tag" was required for riding in Hawaii--back in 1975. Restoring bicycles--relaxing hobby!

Drop some pics when you have it painted and assembled....!

Now, back to audio stuff..............

Attachments

• eBayRP9.JPG
    eBayRP9.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 120
  • eBayRP3.JPG
    eBayRP3.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 116
  • eBayRP1.JPG
    eBayRP1.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 115
  • eBayRP15.JPG
    eBayRP15.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 103
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
oh boy !

that bike is Fugly!

btw. my black one is already painted ........ even if one pic isn't enough to see it :clown:

Attachments

• IMG_0344.jpg
    IMG_0344.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0345.jpg
    IMG_0345.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0346.jpg
    IMG_0346.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0347.jpg
    IMG_0347.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0342.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0341.jpg
    IMG_0341.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0339.jpg
    IMG_0339.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0338.jpg
    IMG_0338.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0337.jpg
    IMG_0337.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0336.jpg
    IMG_0336.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 61
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
buzzforb:

Off topic, but ZM, how do you like those Sonidos. I really like that setup. I am going to be trying se thing as soon as i get a chance with FR driver. Sonido is interesting because they make woofer to compliment their FR units.

buzz - we can talk about FR drivers here ......

yes , I like them very much , not just because they're sort of near to me :clown:

few more

I really like them black , without tags and amblems

btw. - it's powder-coated at my friends Stein place - Steintrikes official web pages -=- trike and recumbent place

That turned out rather nice.

How far is it from rolling?

I had my vintage ride out for a spin last week. It's sure a different feeling compared to the modern stuff. Somewhat more relaxed, and a more smooth ride, even with a disc rear wheel.

Magura :)

buzzforb:

buzz - we can talk about FR drivers here ......

yes , I like them very much , not just because they're sort of near to me :clown:

Does relieving them of their LF duties improve their performance in your opinon? I have a couple of FR drivers that would fo really well in a setup like that. Off topic on topic, i rode all types of bikes, lightspeed, jamis, giant, trek. Ended up on steel Lemond and never looked back. Way too comfortable in comparison to graphite and aluminum and those extra 2-3 lbs were not going to get me in Le Tour. Was going to have custom steel frame made until i had a wreck thT spilt my helmet front to back and caused me ti repeat mysel for 3 hrs. Wife called it after that one.

Here's the 1974 Raleigh Pro that I restored. Reynolds 531 chrome-moly steel frame, added braze-ons, internal brake cable routing, full Campy Record. The "bike tag" was required for riding in Hawaii--back in 1975. Restoring bicycles--relaxing hobby!

Nice bike, in particular the old fashioned lugs (I don't like braze welded joints).
BTW, I also own (and use!) a Raleigh bike from the seventies.

Cheers,
E.

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
that bike is Fugly!

Ya buncha wussies - THIS is a BIKE!!!! I used one like this to do my newspaper deliveries. Loaded up with a big canvas bag riding on the handle bars and a pair of "saddle bags" hung over the rear wheel on the "tail board" back there. It was important for the bike to have fenders and mud flaps so as to keep the water spray from rain offa my back - and heavy duty knobby mud tires for extra grip when making turns.
Sooo - loaded up with about 100lbs. (50 kilo) of newspapers - start pumping the bike up to speed - knobby tires humming on the pavement - I would blast down the neighborhood sidewalks and pathways slinging papers up on peoples porches. Every now and again I would nail a lazy cat asleep on the porch - or a glass milk bottle awaiting a replacement from the milk man the next morning.

THAT ISA BIKE!!!!

alas - these photo's are not of a bike I have in my possession but rather provided by web sites where people go as waco crazy about old bikes as some of us are crazy about old audio gear......

Offfffffff course this is a different mindset of bicycle craziness - big iron - chrome plated - USA bike doing it's best impression of being a 1959 Cadillac limo with 1 ft. (1 meter) tail fins as compared to classic Porsche 356 or MG - TF.

Attachments

• 1959 flightliner 7.jpg
    1959 flightliner 7.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 1960 jc higgins flightliner all chrome 5.jpg
    1960 jc higgins flightliner all chrome 5.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 1960 JC Higgins Flightliner all chrome 3.jpg
    1960 JC Higgins Flightliner all chrome 3.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 58
  • bike-poster.jpg
    bike-poster.jpg