The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

I heard lately that someone is willing to implement carbon fibre brake discs in my Yoda's Visaton drek spks .........

I'm officially fluffing curse on that idea - he needs to sell them for proper price , once he made proper (yellow conned ) spks

:rofl:

See, this is where you lost touch with reality. Have you EVER! heard of Froggy selling anything? or throwing something away for that kind of matter?

So those speakers may end up staying there anyway, and to be honest his taste in music is bad enough, it is not mandatory that it is played through ear piercing speakers :rofl:

Magura :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
naah ......

you're ........ so young !

Attachments

• buehehe.gif
    buehehe.gif
    33.3 KB · Views: 117
Joined 2009
Paid Member
File:Chief Bone Necklace-Oglala Lakota-1899 Heyn Photo.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Oglala Lakota or Oglala Sioux (pronounced [oɡəˈlala], meaning "to scatter one's own" in Lakota language[5]) are one of the seven subtribes of the Lakota people; along with the Nakota and Dakota, they make up the Great Sioux Nation. A majority of the Oglala live on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota, the eighth-largest Native American reservation in the United States. The Oglala are a federally recognized tribe whose official title is the Oglala Sioux Tribe of the Pine Ridge Reservation.

[edit]Gender roles

Typically, in the Oglala Lakota society, the men are in charge of the politics of the tribe. The men were usually the chiefs for political affairs, war leaders and warriors, and hunters. Women are and always have been highly regarded and respected in the tribe. The Lakota are matrilineal and children belong to the mother's clan. Chiefs were selected based on the mother's clan. Women controlled the food, resources and movable property. When a man married, he went to live with his wife with her people. They could support her in childbearing and rearing and, if the couple separated, she would not be away from her people. This also helped control the men's behavior toward women. The women elders of the clan were highly respected and had to approve the selection of chiefs of the clans. If they withdrew their support, a man could not continue as chief. Both genders were equal in decisions and power.

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Emery Family Genealogy - Home

Emery - I beginning to think that every Emery that immigrated to "the new world" got off the boat and headed directly to the Dakota Territory. There are literally a boat load of Emery's there and Emery is my birth name. Later - after our abandonment my mother had to have dad declared legally dead in order to move on with her life - and my birth name changed from Emery. No - I have no desire to go back to that name - I choose to go forward with my name and my life. Actually the c2c in my screen name stands for "Choose 2 Change" - and now you know another little piece about me.

BTW - the Emery boards are where I found the clues that led me to Little Sister Michelle - the psycho PhD. No wait that isn't quite correct - I'M the psycho - and she's the PhD - there - that's more like the truth....!!!

ps Thank You ZM for your photo retouch skills!!! Much appreciated... :worship::worship:

+++ BTW - I juz finished about 3 hour telephone chat with Little Sister Felicia. She sez she wuz doing the show girl thing when was young lady and could handle strutting around wearing 20lbs. (10 kilo) of headdress while dancing in 3 inch spike heel shoes and trying to keep her boobs from falling outta bra. She is not sure if she still has any photo's that go that far back - but thinks she might still have one out in her garage. I asked her how many carz she would need to move to find it. :D:D:D

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I wonder, why no heads on the arrows?

Juz little training and practice arrows - it is a rather small bow as well - only about half size of hunting bow - but easier to handle while riding bareback on horseeeee - and nooooooooo - I'm not being funny about little bow. :rolleyes:

About me - well always fool'n - about family and ancestors - always respect.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Oh darn - Now I remember.... When hunting buffalo from horseback often the smaller bow and shorter arrows were used because you could still ride the horse and control it with your knee pressure and the small bow was much easier to handle and adjust your aim as you rode close to the buffalo. The long range provided by the larger bows was not needed when you were that close to your target. What you needed was to be accurate and the closer you were to your target the better your odds of making a good shot.

A feat not for the faint of heart - riding at 20 miles per hour - bareback - hands free - aiming arrows at a wild animal only a meter or two away that weighs as much as 1000 kilo (2200 lbs.). Like we use to say when we were climbing up the mast of the ship in my Navy daze - uhhhhhh - by the way - you don't wanna F this up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Bison

Heck - I wasn't all that crazy about riding a horse at full speed when it had a big *** Western saddle and stirrups and reins. Ride a horse bareback at that speed with no hands. Yikes!!!!! I guess I might not be getting any feathers in my war bonnet on that one!

Last edited: