The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

MIDDLE AGE TEXTING CODES: ATD - at the doctor. BFF - best friend fell. BTW -bring the wheelchair . BYOT - bring your own teeth. FWIW - forgot where I was. GGPBL - gotta go, pacemaker battery low. GHA - got heartburn again. IMHO - is my hearing aid on? LMDO -laughing my dentures out. IPM- I pooped myself. OMMR - on my massage recliner. ROFLACGU - rolling on floor laughing and can't get up.

I hope to be a special person when I'm old.

Ingenious ..
But when I see the condition these people are living in .... :(

Strange world, our world

Manu

You might be surprised to find "these" people being quite happy.

I lived a for a few years in eastern Europe from '95. Back then they were as poor as you could possibly imagine.

I am yet to experience more warm hearted people than back then, and I've pretty much been all over Europe so far.

.....and they sure knew how to throw a party. Something most of us could learn a great deal from.

Now a big part of eastern Europe has become much wealthier regarding cash, but they have lost that very important part of their culture.

Magura :)

First watt F2/little dot MK III

Need some advice long time reader of diyAudio but never posted till now.so here goes i have been offered a first watt F2 amp once in a lifetime offer only a hundred ever made by the audio god himself Nelson Pass.My question is would my little dot MK III preamp with an output voltage of 10 volts RMS be a good match for the F2 with a 100K ohm input impedance. i,m not a technically schooled audiophille but do love quality audio and would hate to marry these together to discover that i have toasted the F2 with to higher input signal any help on this is appreciated.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hello icyundies (reminds me of a girlfriend I used to date - the icyundies being one of the reasons we stopped dating).

This is the Official "High-End Off Topic Thread" and as such things here are intended to be deliberately "off-topic". Thus sum of doz here that are having grand moments of silliness (I won't mention any names - especially mine) usually say dumb things here or poke fun at something silly that silly guy wuz being silly about. Got that? Ego - in this thread be fully prepared for silly answers - and maybe a couple that resemble reality (don't count on that).

The query you pose is a real question and deserves real answers from people that have a clue - like Papa. I suggest that you start a new thread for a place for those that know things can give you real answers. :D:D:D

No offense intended - I'm just trying to save you from certain "unnamed" individuals (nooooooooot meeeeee - well not this time anyway) giving you some answers like - sure plug it in and go for it - BTW, what type of jelly do you like on your toast? See? Me - I would nevvvvverrrrrr say sumthn like that!!!! :Pinoc:

On the real side of things - I think that 2 Vrms will drive you close to full output - but ZM or Papa will know much more than I.

Last edited:
little dot MK III preamp with an output voltage of 10 volts RMS be a good match for the F2 with a 100K ohm input impedance.

Nèèh, no problem, there's also a thing called a volume attenuator (+ the Little Dot even has adjustable gain)
More important is whether you have the right set of loudspeakers, the F2 is a transconductance amp. (aka iznogood for most folks)

Yeah, Thanks they be feeding into a pair of fostex 206en slapped into a couple of "Das Viech BLH Horns and fella at Lowther-America, Jon ver Halen answered back reckon he would know."Volume attenuator" In the famous words of homer simson "Doh" Guess i walk into that Huh, Just hate the taste of shoe nugget Thanks and i will leave with foot in mouth with one thought for you.

"MAN WITH HANDS IN OTHER MANS POCKETS IS NOT FEELING HIMSELF TODAY"