The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
btw. I hope Jaccolina isn't mad at me , 'cause I called that "chanting" with proper name ....

Attachments

• dash1.gif
    dash1.gif
    14.7 KB · Views: 191
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Shoot - with all of the RADAR's I've played with all of my life I never thought of hooking up an audio source to 'em!!! :eek:

We are a little busy around Nashville (and other places) trying to figure out if the next tornado is heading for the house.

Soooo - listening to suitable music for the event - The Doors - Riders of the Storm. :cool:
The Doors ? Riders on the Storm ? Video, listening & stats at Last.fm

Attachments

• weather radar - 27 April 2011.jpg
    weather radar - 27 April 2011.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Thanks Dave & ZM!

Soooooo far so good. Well there has been a bit of damage around here - some trees knocked down and a couple of houses knocked off of their foundations - but no major damage around here and everyone is ok. So far this series of storms has taken the lives of 14 or 15 people and did a lot of damage to the west of us - primarily in Arkansas.

"Back in the day" when I actually did something productive for a living I worked for as a civil servant for DoD at the overhaul depot for Meteorological Systems and remember when we were working with NOAA and the University of Colorado developing the Doppler Weather Radars everyone sees on the news now. At the time it was pretty exciting stuff - but darn - if I had just put together "doppler" and "audio" and used that big assss dish antenna as "horn" speaker - WELL then we coulda had sum serious fun!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEXRAD

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Thank you for your concern guys. Nashville got knocked around a bit - but mainly just some trees down and damaged roof sorta thing. Many others suffered severe damage and after storm assessments indicate that the state of Alabama was hit really hard - that's where AR2's links point to. Tuscaloosa, Ala. is home to the University of Alabama (The Crimson Tide) and my Sister-in-Law got her MBA there so we know the area well.

I'm saying a lot of prayers for all of those that have suffered from the results of this storm. It's headed to the east coast now - so maybe not over with yet.

Tornadoes devastate South, killing at least 214 - Yahoo! News

Heck - I'm still praying for the people and nation of Japan - 10's of thousands of people lost their lives there.....

Chuckle - I just remembered (sometimes that takes like ......... half an hour). I used to mess with the wife by telling her that I wanted us to relocate to the state of Oklahoma so I could join up with the tornado chasers :eek: She would freak out and tell me that there would be a bigger storm waiting for me when I got home.......... :D

http://tornadochaser.net/

Last edited:
O.K. no more politics! Personally look at my flag, I don't GAS! He just needs to get of his slimy assss and do something!
I'll bet ya'll gonna get up at 4:30AM (USA Time) and watch the wedding too?
I'ld buy you a drink but the forbidin words you speak :eek: would get me in trouble :(

Melon Head, your being a melon head. Formost, forum rules! NO POLITICs. As far as you being wrong, mate, I said nothing of the sort. Your stating facts?However, others disagree with your conclusions/facts? It is still politics! I see it 5 times a day trying to find the real news of the world. Your not doing me any favors by continuing Obama Bulsheeet here. :scratch:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Sheeeeet - I might be the biggest "audio sinner" here - I listen to omnidirectional speakers!!!:faint:

PLUS - I got 'em hooked up with plain old zip cord purchased at the local hardware store!!!!

PLUS - they are not bi-amplified - nor tri-amplified - there are no active crossovers and (gasp) the amp is A/B class!!!

Now THERE is sum audio stuff to get ya going!!!!

Hmmmmmm........... Actually those topics belong in several other threads........:scratch: Nevermind :rolleyes:

As a Scandinavian, I went to this forum to gain knowledge about acoustics.
I know that a major procent of the members are american and more eager to participate in american politics than others.
But you guys are doing this forum great damage by discussing trivial matters that is in no way of consern.
I'm about to quit this media. I can go to the internationally or local net-media's to seek the latest - and if I have too much time - read endless blogs with personal interpretations.
Just as arquard as it would be reading a thread about 3-way digitalized x-overs on reuters-com.
I could maybe just ignore, but this is a very fine forum, suddenly being taken over my something that does'nt belong.
I'm maybe too prickly - but we Scandinavians just have another view.