The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

il Padre doesn't look like the pasta type.

Shut up, you annoy me after 5 days of sanding/varnishing.
(the bent over thing in the window left corner is not a donkey (=> TBWMBO)

Jacco,

we need to get you a better camera. A lots of green - magenta fringing and noise in shadows. I am suspecting that you have pushed ASA on camera. Just curious, what did you shoot with and at what ASA settings?

I recognize doors from the time I worked on mine, you did the same and you posted shot. Are you still in house renovation mode?

Jacco,

we need to get you a better camera. A lots of green - magenta fringing and noise in shadows.
You are absolutely right. That one was:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I am suspecting that you have pushed ASA on camera. Just curious, what did you shoot with and at what ASA settings?
EXIFs say: ISO200.

You mean, to keep something out or to keep something in ?

Attachments

• dikbil.jpg
    dikbil.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 206
Jacco,

we need to get you a better camera. A lots of green - magenta fringing and noise in shadows. I am suspecting that you have pushed ASA on camera. Just curious, what did you shoot with and at what ASA settings?

I recognize doors from the time I worked on mine, you did the same and you posted shot. Are you still in house renovation mode?

Quoting the boss:

Put your makeup on, fix your hair real pretty........

Magura :D

Next time you're in the phone mood you tell mrs donkey yourself, i'm not sticking my neck out.

Speaking of junk : Italian furniture.
The Molteni 505 modular series has really cool height adjustable feet, piece of cake to (spirit) level perfectly horizontal.
And you better level 100%, to be able to slide the TV box in the main structure.
Italian finesse, modular ?
Right, All 1-3/16'' (30mm) veneered MDF you mean, just the detachable back panel of the TV module weighs in at 200lbs and you'd reckon it takes a forklift to push the assembled +400lbs TV box inside the main unit.
1st assembly is included with delivery when you buy stuff like that, the delivery guys have custom lift tools for the assembly, which they take with them when they leave. :mad:
Last time ever i'm moving that thing around, the poj couches were easy.

http://www.jaeger-einrichtungen.de/Abverkauf/Wohnwande/Molteni_505.jpg

Attachments

• 505 TV boxy.jpg
    505 TV boxy.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 230
  • 505 condom.jpg
    505 condom.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Speaking of junk : Italian furniture.

Right, All 1-3/16'' (30mm) veneered MDF you mean,

http://www.jaeger-einrichtungen.de/Abverkauf/Wohnwande/Molteni_505.jpg

Purchased wife a desk she wanted - nice scroll work - inlaid leather - very pretty thing to look at - and Italian? Well the adverts say Ital - BUUUUUUUUT - the shipping box says "Made in China". What a piece of JUNK! MDF and low quality pressboard with cheap fastening hardware of low alloy content. The screws are undersized for the load they need to carry and made out of alloy so soft that they will break or strip almost without provocation.

Try and return it? Don't ask - my blood pressure will go into the danger zone.:mad:

Trying to purchase quality furniture that is well made - now I look for good used stuff that was made before the 80's and has been well taken care of. Estate sales are a good place to start.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
there are many good things made "there"

same as many not so good things ;

in any case - same as with all other things made anywhere else

;)

Ahhhh - sad but true. Once upon a time in another life I was a "big boss" and headed the QC department - so things that break or are made to meet minimum standards just make me flat out CRAZZZZZZZZZZZY!!!!! :crazy:

Of course I understand the business side of costing out vs. return - repair - rework - etc. - and I hate the stink'n baaaaastards in "cost management" with their ROI crystal balls and next best guess on how to cut cost. Damn - NOW I remember how gooooooooooood it is to be retired!!!!! :D

Well, don't want to open a can of worms, but I think that "make more using less" works up to a point. Today's industry, and the society in general-has already gone past that point. We want more of everything-and being "digitalized" society where everything is expressed in numbers-we measure more just by numbers (money or watts-same thing). Quality? Who cares! I want X tomatoes more-who cares if they have no taste! I want X watts more-who cares if it sounds like Sh*t!
I won't be surprised if in the near future they find out a way to reduce pregnancy from 9 to 3 months. Hey-I hear "nine months is too much-gotta make it faster and be back to work!".

Grumpy,
Vix