The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

:rofl:

btw. - Papa , tnx for all the fish (but mainly for showing how to catch them .... )

I'll second that!

BTW, I just received my o'scope! So, I'm champing at the bit to start fishing! First project, F5! :D

The 'scope is a Tek 2465A that I bought on "cross-your-fingers"-bay. It's in beautiful condition and all of the functions work! Sadly it didn't come with probes, which I'll have to research and buy next week. I had no idea they could be so expensive! They seem to range in price from "junk" to more than the cost of the 'scope. I mention all of this because I've been a lurker for a long time, and I have been mostly silent. However, something tells me that I'm going to be asking a "few" questions in the next few months. I'll really try not to make them too lame, but I'm really new at this. I hope I can rely on you guys for some help along the way.

And last, thanks Nelson. Your J2/F5/B4/Feastrex-BOB & Zen Lite/F5/B4/Lowther-BOB demonstrations really lit a fire under me.

Zen Mod, you should have been there.

Looney
:)

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The 'scope is a Tek 2465A that I bought on "cross-your-fingers"-bay. It's in beautiful condition and all of the functions work! Sadly it didn't come with probes, which I'll have to research and buy next week. I had no idea they could be so expensive!:)

Your first scope is 2nd to your first lover. Or one cut below your current lover.

Start with the cheap probes. Get better ones later.

:cool:

Last edited:
Whew! For a minute there, I was worried that your keel was crooked! :rofl:

BTW, your F4 mono-blocks sounded (and looked) great!

Looney

Crooked, probably. I calmed everything down by thinking about class A circuits. Forgot all about the bathing beauties.

Thanks for the generous compliment on the F4s. Unfortunately for me, those belonged to another excellent DIYer. I had the big fellow with the gold heat sinks and carved wooden top. Love ya just the same. :spin:

i have that might be unique. I see you look like an generous person ,who will not take it from if it is.And if is .run with it and will share it.
Any one try liquid cooling the heatsinks .I heard they are very expensive and heavy ,They us this cooling for videocards on computers.
some cards run over 300 degrees faren....
or is this already used ,and im just a big moron? and should be posting questions??? i really dont anything about this stuff,yet I been teaching ali8ttle but im still far gone.
im sory for interupting your forum.If it is a dumb idea. If it is a great ,lets go partners.im a mcguyver.Im not educated ,but i learn things emmencly fast.And i have many unique ideas.Not for this stuff.im just learning ,But that is 1 ,already
Thank you kindly,sorry4typo and grmmer
ADHD>Chris

There are various threads on liquid cooling (most specifically about Pass amps) . Some searching will turn them up. It has been discussed in depth. Not a dumb idea , but has it's own advantages and disadvantages

The idea of adding water to a amplifier is just all wrong!

Arn't the amplifiers suppose to be at a certain temperature for them to be running ideally ?

You don't see pass labs with small heat sinks or water cooling do we ?

They are designed to remove the proper amount of heat from the fet's to keep them at their ambient and proper temperature :)