The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

yeah, green LOL :)

Did you get your amps physical concept from the venerable Lucent LAC? :)

Attachments

• _Device Memory_home_user_pictures_IMG00204.jpg
    _Device Memory_home_user_pictures_IMG00204.jpg
    541.1 KB · Views: 347
What's that?

Magura :)

When I saw your amp coming together a while back, I said to myself - Hey, that looks like a LAC. A Lucent LAC is a 240 watt / RF / 850Mhz cell base station amplifier for the obsolete Series II TDMA and AMPS. It is a Very ingenious design.

Yeah Nelson - nice fan. So nice it will make you deaf if you hang around too long and it has been known to swallow a womans head of hair (this really happened :eek:)

what is it?

For starters, it's a couple of mosfet's from the BAF07, you know, the blessed mosfet's :cloud9:

Together with a couple of Lovoltech's they form the engine for the Donut that you've stumbled on before I guess.

The black block they're all mounted on, is a directional heat spreader, made of carbon.
Keeps the whole shebang at the same temp., within less than my IR thermometer can measure the difference of (0.1C).

Magura :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
just finished repair of dead bug Yam M-80 ;
my eyes , my back and my brain hurts .
whada uckin' fugly piece of drek for repair , foot deep , with nightmare pcb layout .

luckily - I had SM , pretty badly scanned , so that just contribute that my eyes hurt .... not just back and leftover of brain ... :Popworm:

anyway , now is clipping on both channels at some 100Vpp , so I'm happy - to not look at it again :rofl:

what's up , dudes ?

empty pub?