The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Attachments

• DSC_04350001.JPG
    DSC_04350001.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 111
Yes it is an Eminence 18"

I don't know too much about it yet.
I asked Eminence info, lets see, what they say about it.

Did I mention that I hate the cloud?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E894CB7D50B65FBF!1058&authkey=!9!rkr!r0TZw%24&v=3&ithint=photo%2cJPG

Due to kindness of Lucas Anthony at Eminence I have got T/S parameters.
See below.
In truth the seller said, speakers are refurbished, during it 4 ohm voice coils changed to 8 ohm.
I have measured 5.6 and 5.7 Ohm DC resistance and 8.9 and 9 Ohm impedance at 1 kHz respectively.
Also measured inductance these were 1.37 and 1.32 mH.
I'm quite sure these are more efficient than my previously used Eminence Beta 15.
These has a much bulkier bass.
At the same time Betas more fast, obviously due to much lower Mms.
So you must to believe to Papa, if he say something to good, then it is good.
At least what is regarding audio. :)

Attachments

• Eminence 1845 TS.jpg
    Eminence 1845 TS.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 96
Glad to hear from you to Sir Brian.

Thank you. I have started to come back. First I was in hell, or close by, then I was in the birthlands for a few weeks visiting the elders. It was not the best autumn for me. Probably for a number of reasons I slowly went in to some physical and psychological downsloap. A work season from hell combined with sickness in family wore me down, maybe more things I dont know. Anyway it started with neck and backpains. Stupidly I thought I could overcome that with an HBO account and a heating pad. It all just went worse and I coudnt even drink it away. Then it went up messing with my two greys and I have had a 24/7 severe headache since. Same time I had a huge mission to complete at work but I had to crawl to the cross and tell my boss how I felt. 2 hrs later I was at the doctors, thorough investigation and then treatment with pills and naprapathy.

Some weeks ago her, the naprapath, work and advises had started to heal me. Two long walks per day, never sit still for to long (staring at a screen), movement movement, movement and headache faded slowly. First in periods and now I hardly ever feel it.

A stress related depression I guess one can say. Anyway. Coming back I hope, just have to work on it.

Springs, well it depends on the free weight I am going to end up with. I did start strengthening and dampening the free weight chassie part with a combination of material (including balsa wood), but I'm not there yet.

A jolly good year I wish you to.