The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
This thread does an average of 8 posts a day, odds look favorable that you'll be hitting 25000 yourself before this thread count does.

I'll let the numbers speak for themselves jacco..... :D:D:D

Attachments

• diyAudio - View Profile_ c2cthomas.jpg
    diyAudio - View Profile_ c2cthomas.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 165
  • diyAudio - View Profile_ jacco vermeulen.jpg
    diyAudio - View Profile_ jacco vermeulen.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 173
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hey Zennie!, your Modness..

This is off-topic for an off-topic thread , so it's OK, and all are welcome to kibbitz!

Could you opine as to which of these Grades (A,B,C,D ) of these two Linear Systems JFETS are most appropriate for different ( mostly Pass ) amps?
We're already matching some grades but I want this to be a double-blind question ;) so I won't say which..

Is it better to break it down for different amps, or are Pass amps pretty consistent in their requirements?

Spec sheets enclosed...

Yer
:sarge:

Ten hup!

Attachments

• lsj74_09_oct_2009_preliminary.pdf
    132.8 KB · Views: 40
  • lsk170.pdf
    223.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
for both genders , it seems as :

B is same as Toshiba BLue

C is same as Toshiba Violet

D is sort of Toshiba Violet on steroids

it's still best to make differentiation between B and D by type of circuit where used

Papamps are pretty consistent regarding JFet categorization , loosely divided in two camps:

I - if circuit is having self biased JFets ( via source resistance ) , use B grade , where Idss of 8-10mA is preferred , as most universal ....... thinking in both current and dissipation terms

II - if circuit is having "externally" biased JFets ( Aleph J as example , with CCS governing input LTP current) , you can freely use C grade or even D , without ill effects

fact is - when messing with JFets , one need to know at least something about life and everything and 42 .......... and you boy's can't cover for that

:clown:

edit: I still don't know anything about life , anything about everything ...... and I'm at number 3

:rofl:

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
6000 posts divided by 8 is 750 days.

You turn 25000 days in less (49 for the 19.5th time)

(it means you're a troll, each of your posts requires multiple responses)

Here iz a photo of a hot Redneck Woman for ya Jacco..... I figure that it should keep you busy for at least the rest of the day..... :D:D:D

Attachments

• 252643-rednecks.jpg
    252643-rednecks.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 156
Was it not one of your neighbours that said?

There are things that we know that we don't know and used it as excuse to end up in the history books.
Did he ended up in Guinness world record book for lowest IQ ever or is that prize still unclaimed?
Beat the hell out of other ones that where certain that they do know