The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Ditto from a different pool (82F)

Youngest fckr here switched on the pool pump without checking the valve setting.
Without a cooling water flow, the air in the impeller-diffuser cavity reached such a high temperature that the interior surface of the pump housing started to melt.
Goes to show how much heat air friction can generate, even the strainer cover turned from transparent to all-milky.

Rejuvenating the electric motor and new seals didn't help, not enough pressure build-up to generate a flow, only with an open exhaust.
Fortunately a new pump assembly was under $600.
Lesson learned not to waste a full days work on such matters.

Attachments

• SnowWhite.JPG
    SnowWhite.JPG
    249.2 KB · Views: 74
Joined 2006
Paid Member

Attachments

• Ross - Coat of Arms.jpg
    Ross - Coat of Arms.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 72
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Guys, don't know where to ask, so will ask you here. DO you know where you can find a coax cable as thin as possible?

I'm not being picky here - but could use more information....
How small? I mean there is small - and really small - and teeny-wienie small....
With connector - if so what size?
Short length - or several meter's length....
Foil shied or braided wire?
What is intended use?
Current - voltage - frequency requirements???

I don't know anything about it tho..... :rolleyes:

http://www.alliedelec.com/cable/coaxial/

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I have a measurement mic with the preamp inside, so the wire which goes from this amp to the jack connector. Like 2" long the smallest possible coz you need to fold it in a 1/2" diameter casing.

If you have and CAT5 network cable around you might be able to steal a foil coated twisted pair out of it....

Might try some mic cable similar to this - maybe pick it up at local musician store... - just strip the rubber coating off if it
http://www.parts-express.com/22-2-shielded-mic-line-cable-100-ft--100-246

Last edited: