The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Puuuurfect. No zobels. Notches. Now to comp wanking!

Attachments

• notch 002 (3000x2000).jpg
    notch 002 (3000x2000).jpg
    767.4 KB · Views: 89
ma tqwts. criminal bass response and a nice bitey mid. decent kickbass. had to down the sqweeker with a 6,8 serial and 5,3 in parallell to stop it singing S'es on me. me not like. maybe bi-amp would be the trick. but now I know. 5 watt and the neighbours jumps out.

Attachments

• tqwt 001 (2000x3000).jpg
    tqwt 001 (2000x3000).jpg
    658.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Dodosess

Stajo , pardonne moi , which type of spk is that exactly ?

I know you wrote that before , but I'm old and 3 cells ...... :rofl:

Its a Tempered Quarter Wave Tube Type to which I beleave you are familiar. mh-audio Tapered Quarter Wave Tube

The element is a slightly modded Beyma 15XA38Nd. Dustcover removed, skweeker horn filled with angelhair and foam. The H.F membrane is a CP755NdAl aluminium instead of original titanum. All part plausible to cause ringings has been coated with various sniffable solutions. Also some angelhair in the compression chamber.

As you know it was made for stage monitors where other qualities may be prefered. In an apartment they are slightly to detailed and dominant in the top as original to my taste.

And buggers to x-over, but Im starting to be happy. Unmatched in 3d experience to my knowledge. I can tell where the vilolinist is sitting letting a noiceless fart out.

Last edited: