The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Seriously stajo, its been at least twenty five / thirty years since I last looked at these Thorens 150 TTs and I have forgotten the difference in springs. [I also bought a job lot of 3 'Source' TTs when the company stopped - they were not bad being much sturdier in build. I got with them a bag of 'spares', some of which may be Thorens interchangeable.]

Whatever you do don't spend more than peanuts on the 150s...better to put them on fleabay and get a Lenco. The two most common models are the 72 and 75 - as ZM sagely advises. The idler problem is often found, but you can now buy new replicas which are an improvement on the original. Read the site I recommended in earlier post.

c2c: Good idea using a goldfish central heating system.

Last edited:
Thanks Brian. I wont overdo it. I must walk the walk, like you did;)

Looking at the inside, very simple. It seems improvable but one never knows. Self resonance freqs can come where you dont want them. Multitasking with some x-over makeover.

Dodofish.

Attachments

• babelfish 005 (3000x2000).jpg
    babelfish 005 (3000x2000).jpg
    759.9 KB · Views: 68
  • babelfish 006 (3000x2000).jpg
    babelfish 006 (3000x2000).jpg
    836.7 KB · Views: 70
Man - I knew to expect to slow down in my later dayz of life - but missing the edit time to upload a photo!!!! I hope that I don't get THAT slowwwwww.... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bit pre-occupied........now empty headed! [Going for my first general anesthetic in 60+ years on 16th. and to have my hernia packed back to where it used to be!! But this time behind a Kevlar shield:cool:.....shooting me in the b@ls will, after that, be futile!:D]