The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Watch out you Euro lads.......the cavalry will be here within the hour....! DoDos...all of them!

Da dachshund cavalry iz buzy with personal business at the moment. I have been watching the news on the telly this morning and need to get rid of the effects.....

Attachments

• wiener-dog-on-the-toilet-traiined.jpg
    wiener-dog-on-the-toilet-traiined.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 96
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Custer would say that the Cavalary is now full of DoDos......
According to family blood linez I had one side fighting the other - so guaranteed to be on winning side (loz'n side don't count - reading history always proves this because winning side writes the history... Reading USA history can be rather sad and humorous at the same time).

bit like your back-yard c2c. Get out there with the plastic bags and pick it up before it gets cold!

:devily:

Not allowed plastic bagz for yard waste - must be paper bags that will decompose and blind in with Mother Earth at compost center.....

In the mean time - sum interesting news on speaker science. Don't turn your noze up at it - this newz comes from Harvard - and wuz sponsored by sum outfit named Seas......

Researchers build an audio speaker out of stretchy transparent gel

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd - last but not least!!! :D:D:D

Attachments

• Dachshund - I would go insane.jpg
    Dachshund - I would go insane.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 81
Geez c2c, those kids get brighter every day.

The biog on the reporter was rather amusing............."Jonathan grew up in Norway, China, and Trinidad" and by all appearance from his pic is still growing! Wonder what he will do when he grows up.

The kids with the 'speaker' will probably give learned opinions on the JC Blowtorch thread and keep JC and a few others behaving properly.............."Eh Grandad...you have a Porche?" "You not only met JAck Bybee, but also saw his Bentley? ...Things must have been great in those days "

Jonathan grew up in Norway, China, and Trinidad

Not just mid-level researchers. Universities nowadays are very keen on cooperating with private enterprise, and generating secondary cash flow.

Example : http://www.breejen.com/wp-content/u...007dd11052010_1280x352dennisps70-1280x352.jpg

Has a bow shaped like an Axe, thin/slender and pointy on the bottom side.
2nd part is that the hull is longer than normally required for it's displacement.
Advantage is that such a vessel can maintain near full speed at very rough weather, without excessive slamming (at the expensive of a s...load of fuel)

The Sea Axe concept was developed by one of my teachers, Lex Keuning. He came up with the idea decades ago, but couldn't carry it through to a feasable implementation on a (limited) university budget.
Number of years ago, it was brought to life through cooperation with the US coast guard, Marin (towing tank <= Australia wing keel, America's cup 1983), and Damen shipyards.
(amusing bloke, last time I saw him, he lived on a 50' ketch with his dog, remained associate professor in order to spend most of his time on research)

Damen must have paid the faculty a decent sum, as the IP belongs to the university, not the professor.
(165' of aluminum, >20 knots, close to brand new, yours to pick up in Barcelona for €10M)

Last edited: