The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

I've received an email threat from a real baddie! He tells me I have to post a pic of a current sound project...as a before, during and after series.:D

So here is the before pic. a bog standard in good nick Lenco picked from beside a garbage can on the street the night before collection,,,beside it was a load of Leak Tubz kit...I sold that.:)

Watch out for further progress pics as de project very slowly progresses :snail:

Don't stay up late for this though;)

Attachments

• ZM.jpg
    ZM.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
OT-Good, smaller full range speaker for my F5?

I was at Burning Amp show for a while yesterday. Could not stay as long as I wanted to, but did see and hear some great stuff. I noticed several home brew Fostex based speakers set up. They were in bass reflex (?) type boxes, vent in the front. Doing some research, there seems to be a lot of stuff about FR speakers. Madisound has enclosure kits for folded type enclosures and plans for those and the br boxes I heard.

Small room which limits my choices. Also have spousal approval issues, so some of the weird and wonderful open baffle stuff I saw at BA show won't fly. I will be driving whatever I end up building with a 30wpc digital amp, an ST35 tube clone amp, and my recently build Pass F5.

Any good starting links for Fostex threads? Prefer more recent reviews, builds, or listening tests.

Thank you in advance.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
After listening to sum music da dachshund would have been glad to give that Ram a run for hiz money.......

I liked the part where the dachshund disappeared into thin air - that is a hard trick to do!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JN6nhgLKrs

BTW - if your dachshund happens to get into the cow pasture you can count on having to give them a bath when they come home. I strongly advise that you meet them outside when they decide to give the cows a break and return to the nest - and well before they decide to get under your blankets.......

Last edited: