The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

I have a way of doing chicken breast that made me go from a breast disliker to a breast lover. Can't do it on the grill though, has to be in the oven. For grilling I like to marinade the leg thigh piece for a couple days in your favourite juice.

Whole breast:
Put it on a cutting board and pound it flat with the heel of your hand making sure the ribs are spread.
Carefully peel back the skin from the pointy end but leave it attached.
Make a paste of vinegar, salt, paprika and chillies. You can use a thickened hot sauce if you like but make sure it is tangy, salty and pasty.
Cover the breast, pull the skin back over to keep the sauce in place, leave for an hour or two. Oil the skin and place in the oven at 500F. Turn it down to 325 and leave for about 45 minutes depending on the size. I usually poke it with my finger to check, I do not use a meat thermometer.
Let sit for 10 minutes, peel the skin back and enjoy.

NP's Interview at Sea Ranch

He preferred shorts and sandals back in the day...:D

Attachments

• NP Interview at Sea Ranch.jpg
    NP Interview at Sea Ranch.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 125
Beer chicken

Cal stole my post....

Especially
the dirty and dead and not very happy + bear is warm and one wonder what mates and SWAMBO think of you taking this sort of picture and WHOTF you know on the web that would be interested at looking at this especially as it must have taken quite a while to get them to pose for you and... no don't want any beer tankyou very much.

THAT IS NOTH THE WAY TO TREAT A CHIKEN

:D

Last edited: