The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

I ordered a microphone input transformer from CineMag. It has a 5 to 1 step up ratio. With my little hand held meter, I measured the primary inductance at 18.9H, the DCR was 30 ohms, secondary DCR measured 1.179k ohms--I couldn't get a reading on the inductance, perhaps it exceeds my meter's capabilities.

Performance is stunning compared to the cheap, little transformer with which I began this experiment. The bandwidth is greatly increased, as are the subtle details. There's also far less noise.

I connected this to the same circuit I posted in an earlier post. I changed the input ground reference resistors to 22k each.

All in all, this has been a fantastic adventure. I'll be playing with this piece of luck for some time to come. :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Woodie - for your eyes only :rofl:

little play with Semisouths

concept probably needs checking of servo polarity - so 120 seconds more of looking , but I'm lazy , as always

:Popworm:

Attachments

• medium-donut.jpg
    medium-donut.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 417
This newbie thinks the top secret board looks like a map of mighty New York, New York, USA, with Broadway running diagonally up the middle (Q10-Q12 and R3-R8). Except Broadway runs on the other diagonal, southeast to northwest. In American geography, NYC is in the northeast, not the semi-south...

Maybe the name should = "Broadway" amp?:idea:

PS. I grew up near NYC many years ago.