The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

btw. , it seems JR is having too much fun lately , his junkblog is silent , for some time .....

may we hope for some Joyce contribution , in future ?

Yeah I have to get back on the stick writing blogs. For a change I have been busy building, finishing speaker cabinets, etc. Consider it "research."

I met Stefano "Two Good Ears" in Munich. I shook his hand for his endless dedication to blogging. Same with Thomas Mayer.

If Joyce ever picks up a pen again, I am afraid the article will be "Why didn't I marry a doctor instead of this jobless audio weirdo?" ;)

So thems the roots of the Altec 1505 huh?

Yessir...the 26A is much more expensively built though. It is made of two layers of sheet metal with a layer of bitumized felt in between.

Crazy labor intensive!

ALTEC just made a tin can around the cells and poured in tar, then later switched to spraying on rubber coating with a hose.

The 26A constructing is well damped without being dead. Tap on it and it says "tok, tok"

594A is the predecessor of the 288, JBL 375 and so on.

The cool thing about this driver is that they very tightly controlled the mass rolloff (+/- 0.1dB) so that a 6dB RC peak circuit in the amp would yield a low phase delay response out to 13k.

Pole piece and yoke are PERMENDUR!

Awesome stuff.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Heres some desktop speakers some friends (yes I have some) of mine presented on a fair a week or two ago.

My wife would waste no time at all putting cute thingy's on the "shelf" - like family photo's and crystal what not's. Of course those baffles will need some sort of cover treatment to match the carpets - and we will need to repaint the room to match.... After all of that gets done then she will want to try them out on the "other" wall (over there). :D:D:D

From picture of your friend seems he is looking for door handle as is holding sumtink and seems in a desperate rush...

Friends like that you can do whitout so basicaly Stajo no mates like rest of us...

That guy on the pic I think was some semi drunk farmer who went to the wrong fair section. Either he is looking for the bathroom, or a secret door to the tractor fair, or just a place to stash his dung.

Ofc Bks, your my best mates;)

My wife would waste no time at all putting cute thingy's on the "shelf" - like family photo's and crystal what not's. Of course those baffles will need some sort of cover treatment to match the carpets - and we will need to repaint the room to match.... After all of that gets done then she will want to try them out on the "other" wall (over there). :D:D:D

Yes I think it says something on the slate like "build me in and I dissapear. Its thought for that.

No. Its because we have so many Venus of the North;)

I have been in Budapest, I think around -83 or 84. Very beautiful! Was also by the Lake Balaton and on the Puzsta somewhere. Id like to go back.

Attachments

• 214565.jpg
    214565.jpg
    554.1 KB · Views: 89
Hey Venice of the North:D yeah yeah they even got one in the US of A whats it called

Drink and food Much beter in the Real one... going back next summer to chek on how old folkes and new ones are doing (moving house this years so no can do) hey thinking set sumtink up and you lot came over.
June is best time but big mucho party for the Redentore and Regata in July 24 25 or sumthink like that.

Maybe Jacho can bring boat around (maybe I can sorth out moring whith same old friends in Oceanographic)
Yeah you all invited ...
Whos gona give old Papa pigy back?