Paid Member
Hmm, that's news to me :D

Magura :)

I'll give ya recipe for article :

write it

say to funny DiyA Editore that you luv him

say to funny DiyA Editore that you're repudiate son of Papa

say to funny DiyA Editore that this drek is good

say to funny DiyA Editore that you don't want fee , and they're obliged to spend it on beer

wait 6 months for publishing

:rofl:

now serious - I'll be glad to see that article published , either here or on little DiyA

:cheers:

(little secret : in future - I'll not give them my beer !! I'll demand my fee payed in Papa's Heatsinks !!
that's new money unit - 1/2 of Papa's heatsink ..... :clown: )

Last edited:
Okay, you say to yourself, i want to hover my Azz on a $5000 fully automated shower and blow-dry Sheet Seat.

Aaah, that's so nice and comfy, almost makes you wish you have a hemorroid problem.
Eeeh, almost !

And that's when the sheet hits the fan, just the tiny matter of undersizing all-side clearances during the design and picking the wrong foocking fan.
And that's when you read that the ladida Swiss fan supplier stopped manufacture of the PLASTIC 65mm tube insert fan.
And that's when you discover there are no equivalent models from competing fan brands.
And that's when you discover that the nearest comparable size from the same producer is 60mm and costs $250 at Farnell and you also have to order it from their France branch.

Oh, well, at least a DIY Foocker knows how to buy an All-Aluminum fan that's Hot Air suitable at the Bay and modify the thing to fit.
That's instead of picking up the phone to order from the Seat service center and getting Foocked for plenty more Dollares with the next PLASTIC FANtastic they kept in store for Sheeting $uckers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqUk_qvDKEg&feature=related

If anyone needs me on a sunny sunday afternoon, i'm in the bathroom for a second attempt to flush my head.

Attachments

• F-Seat.jpg
    F-Seat.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 380
  • Micronel-SHEET.jpg
    Micronel-SHEET.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
Manuel says : Que ?
I figured it's both Off-topic and High-End awdio.

No way i'm shelling out +$400 for a stinkin fan that likely does way less than 100 bucks wholesale from the factory : GEBERIT STANKAFZUIGING T.B.V. DOUCHEWC 7000 249.014.00.1 249.014.00.1

Me bought a fully alloy NOS fan for $27.50, got 1 extra to be on the safe side.
Just another example that DIY can be both loads Cheaper And Superior in the short/long run.

Speaking of Barcelona, me still needs to check out the latest High-End architectural Dildo there.

Attachments

• Barca Dildo.jpg
    Barca Dildo.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 344
Spencer had some leftovers ?

Spencers allright.
They have been in the drawer for quite a while, so probably not leftovers when I bought them. He might have some leftovers now, though...:rolleyes:

Its great fun building those, matching Jfet's neatly and all that so,
here are 4 more, on the way to the balanced DAC:D Along with a couple of versions of Nelsons original circuit. Next after an UGS poweramp, the D1 is the best upgrade for any system:cool:

Attachments

• JFET IVs sm.jpg
    JFET IVs sm.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 358
pretty xformer will do it better , along with little buffer on secondary side

even if (any type of ) gain stage have own virtues , it's hard to beat that dynamics/details/life combo , which good xformer will give

Bet you are right about that:)

What do you think of LL's new testamp, with backlit LL as power-indicator??

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Attachments

• LL testamp sm.jpg
    LL testamp sm.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 271
:worship:

may I have picture of it - in bigger ...... please .......

regarding xformers - I'm not preaching ..... just teasing ya - to try ....... then decide what's funnier :clown:

I thought you might find that amp funny:) Gave a good laugh, making it:D

Yep, ofcourse you can have a better resolution, its on the way:) After all, you came up with the LL name he-he.
I knew you were teasin', and you know that it sometimes works, so I might try a xformer, somtime;) BTW never take it too seriously when I put a comment like the one on UP and D1. Thats just a way of putting things, that I suffer from:D

RK, the faceplate is just a piece of PCB material. The layout was made on PC, and then etched as usual. If the colour is misleading, its just because, that I plunged the board into a tin bath to protect the copper from tarnishing and ofcourse to get a nice silver colour. The etch turned out pretty bad though, so I consider making a new one. Anyway, here is the etch file so you can see what it lookes like. Not that I think anyone else would want a faceplate like that;)

Attachments

• LL's final faceplate_negative.jpg
    LL's final faceplate_negative.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 242