The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
When your machine winds up looking like this - well you just feel lucky to walk away from it in one piece. The driver did manage to jump right out of the wreck and is ok. The car tried to go up into the crowd but was caught by "catch fence" (which got mangled).
The officials were checking the crowd to see if anyone might have been injured by flying debris but as far as I know there wasn't anyone that suffered any serious injuries.

The little pile of stuff that iz burning up in the stands iz the engine to the car - nice souvenir!!!

This wuz just the warm up race leading up to the big race tomorrow...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Daytona Wreck.gif
    Daytona Wreck.gif
    119.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Daytona Wreck - fence.gif
    Daytona Wreck - fence.gif
    165.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
I didn't see it, I was out being 'good husband'

For the first time in a long time, Tony Stewart wasn't himself. [Fill in your favourite name for him here]

He said when he saw the wreck in his rearview mirror, he [paraphrasing] stopped thinking about his position on the track and started thinking about the safety of the fans and his competitors. Musta bin quite the wreck. I'll look for it later.

Thomas, you let him to do that?;)
I really should be more careful around an old Navy guy shouldn't I?
Street training doesn't compare with the discipline learned in the Forces.
Cal's boy's won the game last night so he iz feeling hiz oats today.
How come they feel like porridge? :D

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I really should be more careful around an old Navy guy shouldn't I?
Street training doesn't compare with the discipline learned in the Forces.

How come they feel like porridge? :D

That training came in pretty handy when I wuz a bouncer at at rock 'n roll club that attracted it's fair share of bikers with certain bands. There were a couple of times going into it where I wuz pretty sure that I would wind up in the hospital but came out just fine. Bouncing the drunks wasn't all that difficult - the ones that were zoned out of crank or PCP - now those were nasty!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Long time ago I got pinched on a dance floor, when I turned around to thank the lady, it wasn't one.

OMG, what are they doing to those pretty cars.

New report this evening sez that there were 11 people in the stands that have been treated for injuries - six of them for critical injuries.... That's a real bummer and my thought and prayers go out them and there families...:xfingers:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rs-nationwide-series-race-at-daytona/1941529/

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Last edited:
I hope so. :)

Hey Thomas and other salts, I am listening to Jimmy Buffett as I often do on the weekend, and a couple songs came on that I think you should have a listen to. The first is a nice short one called 'sending the old man home' and the second is a rather lengthy one called 'false echoes'. Both of these can really hit home so I suggest doing it while you are alone.

I didn't spend time in the military but I've spent a good amount of time on the water so I can relate in a minor sort of way.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I hope so. :)

Hey Thomas and other salts, I am listening to Jimmy Buffett as I often do on the weekend, and a couple songs came on that I think you should have a listen to. The first is a nice short one called 'sending the old man home' and the second is a rather lengthy one called 'false echoes'. Both of these can really hit home so I suggest doing it while you are alone.

I didn't spend time in the military but I've spent a good amount of time on the water so I can relate in a minor sort of way.

I'll check those out Cal - thank you!!!
Ya are still an old salt tho!!! I served on destroyers and swallowed my fair amount of water coming over the bow - but I thought that I had it easy compared to the fishing trawler guys..... That's a pretty small boat for tall seas and it iz realy bust your azz work when you finally find the fish.....:D:D:D

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
holly drek

here we go - old farts speaking about mili-dayz

:rofl:

(did I ever spoket about fact that I was in the army , in my tender age of 18 ...... prior to Uni
like all in my , then , country

luckily - long before all madness imported from outa and from our own rotten skulls

I'm happy that I came through that school ...... it was sort of enjoyable , in yore )

Joined 2006
Paid Member
holly drek

here we go - old farts speaking about mili-dayz

:rofl:

(did I ever spoket about fact that I was in the army , in my tender age of 18 ...... prior to Uni
like all in my , then , country

luckily - long before all madness imported from outa and from our own rotten skulls

I'm happy that I came through that school ...... it was sort of enjoyable , in yore )

I knew that you spent some time in Army way back in times of horsey pulled cannons and muskets.... :D:D:D

Yes - we are all lucky to have made it through that madness!!! My wish is that we can one day have no need for these things.... but I will stop here because it iz getting to close to things that are better discussed outside of the Pub.....