The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

i can confirm this, 2 years of smoking 200 grams of tobacco per month pretty much makes you an expert on distinguishing between different brands of lighters.

and in the interest of maintaining my current 5 month abstinence from smoking at all, I suggest that a cd is used in the future for remote guesstimation of size determination.

lighters are just too damn distracting. :)

oh and for cleaning those heatsinks, get some degreaser from the auto place and use that, it should get all of that gunk off right down to the molecular level, tho yeah washing detergent works fine too it seems.

Last edited:
Beginner, Newbie, whatever........24 months?! So, you are a kid....with sense though. You gave up. But real men don't bear their pain in public, especially here!

Some of us have been facing this struggle for nigh on 50 years....you have some way to go.

ZM: Poppel make a better alternative.

Do they have proper Bic lighters in transilvania?

And for proper cleaning sand blasting is best (that is proper manly way as one get somebody else to do it)

It's post marriage that spoil a bloke as one get uset to certain standard of living and then this get taken away with most if not all of the rest.
I will alwayse remember half a toilet roll that was left bheind and this disturbed me quite deeply as you al know

One thing is for shure, beeing living in sinn for past 15 years, one wuld never start cleaning lighter holders on nice ceramic tiles work top, that is just the kind of thing that is going to hunt one for rest of his life and can and will be used a clear sign of mental cruelty

Last edited:
And how is Brianco doing?
Floded again / soldering SMD caps/ other
delete as aplicable

Thanks for the concern Red Volvo......just flooded again. No fishing and the season has only 6 days to go. 40%+ of possible fishing days have been flooded this year. To do with Global Warming ...some think.....ZM's heatsinks should cure that though.:D:D

re: the SMD caps I can:

a) buy a smaller iron and have a go [:eek:], or
b) pay a local electronics company to do the job properly.[:nod::nod:]

Easy choice as Option a) would of necessity require a visit to the optician and vast resultant cost! Plus, at my age, I would have to give up coffee and booze for two weeks before even opening the packet.:no::no:

I already know which way I am going to tackle this ....what would I do with a small iron anyway? :scratch1: : [I already have a virtually new heavy iron - one which was used just once on heavy cable.:hot:]

Beginner, Newbie, whatever........24 months?! So, you are a kid....with sense though. You gave up. But real men don't bear their pain in public, especially here!

Some of us have been facing this struggle for nigh on 50 years....you have some way to go.

ZM: Poppel make a better alternative.

A real man wouldn't care what other people think or be embarrassed to talk about it, especially something like smoking which at least in Australia is not a taboo topic.

I have some way to go? whats that supposed to mean? get off the tobacco and stop being so silly.

Last edited:
Thanks for the concern Red Volvo......just flooded again. No fishing and the season has only 6 days to go. 40%+ of possible fishing days have been flooded this year. To do with Global Warming ...some think.....ZM's heatsinks should cure that though.:D:D

re: the SMD caps I can:

a) buy a smaller iron and have a go [:eek:], or
b) pay a local electronics company to do the job properly.[:nod::nod:]

Easy choice as Option a) would of necessity require a visit to the optician and vast resultant cost! Plus, at my age, I would have to give up coffee and booze for two weeks before even opening the packet.:no::no:

I already know which way I am going to tackle this ....what would I do with a small iron anyway? :scratch1: : [I already have a virtually new heavy iron - one which was used just once on heavy cable.:hot:]

Well or you can just pop down here and I do that for you while we listen to R2

A real man wouldn't care what other people think or be embarrassed to talk about it, especially something like smoking which at least in Australia is not a taboo topic.

I have some way to go? whats that supposed to mean? get off the tobacco and stop being so silly.

I'm pretty sure someone just got tazed outside, try living where I live for a week.

wow easy tigher
PUB RULES
MIX TABACCO with used tyres (if one can't get better) and re read last few posts :D
Old git was only joking....

About stop being silly no that is big NO NO be even more silly if you can this is place for it

Last edited:
wow easy tigher
PUB RULES
MIX TABACCO with used tyres (if one can't get better) and re read last few posts :D
Old git was only joking....

I smoked white ox for 6 months, I know what used tyres smell like :p

Good to hear that he was only joking, but I hate that kind of humor if he was, its almost like they're trying to change who I am, as if I'm not allowed to be what I want to be? Those kind of people can go and get f----- as far as I'm concerned.

I'm on top of the world.

Last edited:

Good advice, but forgive me for saying that you seem to have missed a lot of the reason for this thread, but then there are none so righteous as the newly converted.:)

Last edited:
I smoked white ox for 6 months, I know what used tyres smell like :p

Good to hear that he was only joking, but I hate that kind of humor if he was, its almost like they're trying to change who I am, as if I'm not allowed to be what I want to be? Those kind of people can go and get f----- as far as I'm concerned.

I'm on top of the world.

Sorry if pub stile get you wound up al meant in good spirit no malice here
From your nick one presume quite open atitude to humor, my mistake and apolologies.

One a serious note does it happens quite often that people try to change you?