The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Just a photo of puppy Katie to show her off and drop in and say hello. :D:D:D

Watching all of the news about the big storm and how people are coping with all of the damage. My prayers go out to all who have suffered, and are suffering, from the effects of hurricane Sandy. :grouphug:

Attachments

• IMG_0503.JPG
    IMG_0503.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 145
Joined 2006
Paid Member
.............she might - provided you BBQ to her liking and offer her some!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

That would all be a matter of proper timing. If she iz busy smooching doggy dat would be a bad time to BBQ it. :eek::eek::eek:

OTOH - if doggy haz just finished eating her knitting project - she might pay me to get it done quickly..... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Katie sez - "When I grow up I wanna be a big doggy juz like Buddy". :D:D:D

That won't happen tho - she is a mini and might hit a max of 5 kilo's. Buddy is a standard sized Dachshund and is a bit under 10 kilo (20 pounds US). ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0505.JPG
    IMG_0505.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
I now have a few years of listening to my open baffle speakers:
Sonido 8" SFR200-8 Alnico, (earlier with Fostex FE-206En) and Eminence Beta 15A.
https://tjgqvg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pHNoEmwVxVsGczE-xcPUQwXwv_THzB27TqVtagz51uRlaKvcB6jvHcI7Jvy6Q9TRqgBVjIz7flBesrYApu7Gk_Q5-lY61ofsp/DSC_06690001.JPG?psid=1
In the meantime, I thinking, whether there is a return to the right path?
Understand this, Hedlund Horn or Sonido Aeion or something similar, with only one and only fullrange speaker.
Is this worth it, the price of wood and woodwork?
I just thought it's not possible.
Unless I give up at least two lowest octaves.
And of course some sound pressure level, at that lowest octaves.
For example, it is impermissible to me for organ music.
However, I also think, why Papa used Eminence Beta 15?
I conclude, here is the best price-performance ratio. And now I see, he uses the LF Delfinmax Eminence speaker.
There's any of drunken thoughts?

Gyuri,

Judging by your cat's look, there's no way back :D
But you can continue on improving those Open Baffles to the point that you no longer wish any boxed speaker...also it can be made aesthetically pleasing...
If I was on your position, I would find it very hard not to try to make a replica of Nelson Pass OB's... (even if you use Eminence Beta 15)...

I guess my question is a rhetorical question that is not waiting for an answer.
But I thank you nonetheless.
What I do know, the kind of MJK MLTL with FE206e, skinny sounds easy, compared to the above set-up.
But at the time I liked it (MJK MLTL) a lot better than my KEF Q75.

Today I found out that one of my Hard drives crashed...Now I am trying to recover photos at least ...the result so far looks like a huge trash bin where one may find even the unexpected :eek:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 200
  • f513601706.jpg
    f513601706.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 192
  • f513596938.jpg
    f513596938.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 192