The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

I saw my first example of a Linn back then - sitting next to the ERA + SME! In a system playing through a pair of big Griffon (?) speakers on a short spring stand!!!! It all seemed wrong to me and as a fact I have never owned a sprung TT (other than a Thorens 150 which I played with about 10 years ago).

The ERA racing car is very famous and belonged to Prince Bira of Siam. It was for many years in a National Motor Museum here in the UK, on loan from a descendant of Prince Bira. She sent in her own mechanics who found that the engine was seized from lack of proper maintenance!!! It was immediately repossessed and rebuilt. I believe that it is now racing again in historic car races!! Well back to my tree!:p

EDIT:c_flag::c_flag::c_flag::Pinoc::Pinoc::Pinoc:

I forgot :att'n: that I had a Scottish sprung TT for a month or two! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
The ERA racing car is very famous and belonged to Prince Bira of Siam. It was for many years in a National Motor Museum here in the UK, on loan from a descendant of Prince Bira. She sent in her own mechanics who found that the engine was seized from lack of proper maintenance!!! It was immediately repossessed and rebuilt. I believe that it is now racing again in historic car races!! Well back to my tree!:p

EDIT:c_flag::c_flag::c_flag::Pinoc::Pinoc::Pinoc:

I forgot :att'n: that I had a Scottish sprung TT for a month or two! :rolleyes:

I'm thinking that you saw that car run for real - in it's 1st race...:D:D:D

I'm thinking that you saw that car run for real - in it's 1st race...:D:D:D

I have seen it often....but point taken c2c! And to prove it I also remember that I had x2 sprung suspension TTs...a Voyd Reference....weird 3 motor thing and the aforementioned Scottish TT....which was NOT a Linn or Logic....just cant remember the maker's name, which goes to underline your point.:confused::confused::mad::mad:

EDIT:

NOW I remember...it was called 'The Source'!!

Joined 2006
Paid Member

Attachments

• Kilt.jpg
    Kilt.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Thank you for the link.....I knew a co-owner of the maker, hence I got three of them when they wound up the sub-company, also got a lot of 'bits'. One was the factory reference TT. NOT a great TT. Best with a Wheaton. Actually made a profit having given one away..which was a change from the usual downward spiral!

Are your sure that you didn't confused me with someone else when you attached that pic? :confused: I live - after all - on the East Coast of Scotland!!!;)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Actually made a profit having given one away..which was a change from the usual downward spiral!
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Aye - I know what you mean there!!!

Are your sure that you didn't confused me with someone else when you attached that pic? :confused: I live - after all - on the East Coast of Scotland!!!;)

It was just a question - being that I'm over here in the former Colonies I can't quite tell by the Tartan if those are Scottish lads or Irish, let alone if they are from the East Coast or West coast of your beloved county. :rolleyes:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Aye - I know what you mean there!!!

It was just a question - being that I'm over here in the former Colonies I can't quite tell by the Tartan if those are Scottish lads or Irish, let alone if they are from the East Coast or West coast of your beloved county. :rolleyes:

What the Irish got up to when they invaded America is one thing, what they would do at home (in public) another thing...especially if the Parish Priest was around.

They are Scots Lads!!! And quite left coast at that.:eek:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Ya lazy Euro's already had the 1st day of May offa work - where are you goofing off at now!!!!!:p:p:p

Well - in all fairness - I am the only Yank barking here - so I guess we are just a buncha azzzzzzzzzzy bummmmmmms tooooooo........ :grouphug:

Attachments

• Lazy Chimp.jpg
    Lazy Chimp.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited: