The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Zen is a MACHOmaximo.......I whispered the truth in a lonely thread and he is going it to publish it in the pub with the most horrible men.....

:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

I have no excuse for being horrible - except that I do not drink the beer either. I am however horribly dumb - at time even dumber than ZM. :D

Lovely thread about tweaking SIT devices BTW. Perhaps there will come a day when I can afford to purchase 50 kilo's of decent heat sink material and give it a try. What the hell - one more project sitting around collecting dust until I can get around to finishing it - that would make it #4.

And yes - photo of - ummmmmmmm - "lovely" women (for they are all someone's mama).... ;)

Attachments

• woman with cigar sm.jpg
    woman with cigar sm.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 111
Ha ha! you too? I love sheldon!
Do they translate it where you are at, or is it in english?
Or for all I know english is the 1st lang there.

Sheldon is my favorite character, too.
The series was synchronized into Hungarian.
The Hungarian-speaking voice is excellent.
The translation is good, witty, too.
It's clear that I did not create it.
In general, almost every movie we sync.
Did you know that the traditional subtitle maker, was originally a Hungarian invention?
This was the engineer Rudolf Hruska invention, the Diatyp.
It was the only one working on chemical labeling procedure.

I'm not speaking about this person now:
Rudolf Hruska - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They I believe it only namesakes.

There was a significant Turchányi's Filmatyp subtitle maker as well.

Note that is not necessarily good that every film is synchronized.
The subtitled film is probably the one hand helps the language skills.
On the other hand, sometimes you can not approach the original synchronous sound.
Akira Kurosawa's films is probably the best examples.
It is impossible to synchronize Tajomaru's voices.
Here is especially harmful a sync.

By the way, I don't see allot of old/er USA clasic cars being restored over the pond. Is that cause ya don't like them or, hard to get?
The ones you guys have r great, just wondering.

I use to work for nutter that only drove Lincolns around Liverpool

and long time ago at radio station in Venice main land we had a Cadilac compleate with Leopard skin upolstery and a couple of Camarros
nothing special compared with the Maserati by turbo, Porshes and what not
Couple of DJ where in the Police so at time it was race time and the Coopers cars where supped up Alfas that would quite hapily keep pace with the rest.
Apart from that it was quite easy to get American cars as there was quite a large USA Armi base in Pordenone
The Boys use to live the car behind when tour was over.

But this was in late 70 so petrol was not big isue and if one was doing 200 KPH Coopers wuld give you tumbs up.

any way quite a few Fords Capri around and Ladi where I work got a Sierra mark one estate

good evening:) beer and nice sound :) got my aleph P1.7 up and running with my F5 to day :) that was a niiiice combo :)
Sometimes life is still beautiful.

what exactly of small Toshiba's you need ?

Actually, I do not need me any of them. I have probably the biggest set of Hungary.
2SK389GR, 2SK389BL, 2SJ109BL, 2SJ108, 2SK170GR, 2SK170BL, 2SJ74GR, 2SJ74BL....
Because I'm an evil little dwarf.
And these are a major feature of the gathering.
Perhaps the P types are less than I want.
Maybe I need to some 2SK147BL

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Didn't like them when new;).......so very few to renovate.

USA car is getting better - but still far behind top Euro auto's such as Benz - Audi - BMW - IMO

The old big US V8 cars were too big for our roads and far too thirsty.

It isn't as if the Euro's don't build expensive petrol hungry auto's!!! In fact - some of the most expensive fuel guzzlers are Euro made. :D

And staying with current red bottom theme - here is a very nice one!!!

Attachments

• bugatti-veyron-red.jpg
    bugatti-veyron-red.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 74
Thankyou all for answering my questions.
I had no idea that subtitals came from hungry.
And I bet it helps with learning a new lang.
Melting pot of info here. Learning allot thanks.
And I haddnt thought of road size and fule prices.

One more question.
Has anyone seen "the father of the bride" the new one with steve martin?
What is the coupe he drives? I love it and can't find out what it is.

Thankyou all for answering my questions.
I had no idea that subtitals came from hungry.
And I bet it helps with learning a new lang.
Melting pot of info here. Learning allot thanks.
And I haddnt thought of road size and fule prices.

And another thing there are 50 milions + people in the Uk which is only the size of medium Texas Ranch but with rain
You got 200 milion+ in USA
So much easier to crash on to somebody here than there.
We have wery supportive governament that gives free cars to pensioners
some of which never toke the driving test.

And our governament is so supportive of the motor industry
Gues whos got loads of dosh last week "to help create Jobs and suport the economy"

Bentley :headbash:

And another thing there are 50 milions + people in the Uk which is only the size of medium Texas Ranch but with rain
So much easier to crash on to somebody here than there.
some of which never toke the driving test.

Gues whos got loads of dosh last week "to help create Jobs and suport the economy"

:confused::confused::confused::

Being a pensioner in the UK I wish that that were true!!!!!:xeye: The only people who seem to get free cars are government ministers...and not one is a pensioner!

Joined 2006
Paid Member

300+ Million in USA now (305 at last count - but who's counting?)

Hmmmmmmm....... if they start giving out Bentley's to pensioners I might be tempted to move back....... provided I can find somewhere decent to have a supper at. I can only eat so much fish and chips or bangers and mash. Do luv the "tarts" tho - sweets that they are..;)

Well actually I did not want to complicate things so the free was a bit liberally translated
From Motability schemes basically higly subsidised purchases.

No won't get a bentley unless you or any member of your family is a retired Primeminister.

What is fish and Chips national UK food is curry?

Yea nuckin futz sound about right

300+ Million in USA now (305 at last count - but who's counting?)

Hmmmmmmm....... if they start giving out Bentley's to pensioners I might be tempted to move back....... provided I can find somewhere decent to have a supper at. I can only eat so much fish and chips or bangers and mash. Do luv the "tarts" tho - sweets that they are..;)

Up here (Scotland) you can't get fish and chips....they DO sell something which they CALL fish and chips.......I'd rather check out my neighbours trash can! Some excellent sausages from the butchers. But beware Haggis, Scotch pies, Bridies and anything else with a pastry wrapper sold hot in a bag. :eek:

The locally reared beef is world class ... as is the lamb - however few eateries have good chefs. Also difficult to find good wine. But going to a restaurant which is brilliant on Thursday to celebrate my birthday (70th...really crinkly, but flux well beaten-in works wonders!:p) with some friends and my solder splattered gf of some 31 years...we have only one chair in the tent, but the government is giving her a car without wheels just so that she can sit down as she too is a pensioner (of long standing) ;)

Where did you live in the UK? And when?

"tarts" are called "scrubbers" nowadays!;)...but dont ask the waiter for one unless you have a good doctor.