Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• g.JPG
    g.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 151
when the phone rang.

I bet this ol gf still hates me for when she called moi up a bit to early a plain vanilla saturday back there. I (obviously) answered politely and listened to a lot of interesting stuff... but then I fell asleep again. Suddenly I woke up again and found myself with the speaker handle on my chest. Damn kings and queens I thougt and shouted "Jonson" (my surname) in the coil. As I remember we broke up later.

Staffan

Joined 2006
Paid Member
And what is in Barcelona ?

& Me ipad war , part 2.

Yeah - to heck with the all the other stuff.
I can't afford the fuel cost for the yacht!
The armpits are tempting - but I am happy married man so I have all of the armpits I need..... :D:D:D

I have solved ipad war problem - I don't own one!!! I'm still trying to figure out chisel and stone tablet. :rolleyes:

BTW - I understand that ipad is much easier to use if you have all of your fingers available......

Attachments

• 2001-a-space-odyssey.jpg
    2001-a-space-odyssey.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
All, forgive me in advance for posing a quasi-on-topic question on this deliberately off-topic thread......

Lots of info on the F5 Turbo, and lots of interest in building Turbo versions (PCB design, BOMs, potential GB's, etc, etc).

I'm holding off the F5 Turbo train, until we learn more about the F6 offering. I'd like to be able to do a comparison of the amps' specifications (and perhaps get some listening comments from Mentor Pass). Does anyone (other than Papa) have details on the forthcoming F6?

Papa Pass....can you provide any added info....? The F5 Turbo is very tempting, but I'm reluctant to start "bending tin" and smelling solder before the F6 specs come out....

(P.S. I love the smell of solder resin in the morning!......)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
if you ask me ( and I know you don't :clown: ) - F5T is for Greedy Boyz with hungry spks ;

if you have some , F5T is way to go (naively presuming that F6 will not have that amount of power/current capability , but mere finesse ) .......

but - I'm spoiled ; for moi , Papa's penultimate amp is always same good as last one .....

:devilr:

if you ask me ( and I know you don't :clown: ) - F5T is for Greedy Boyz with hungry spks ;

if you have some , F5T is way to go (naively presuming that F6 will not have that amount of power/current capability , but mere finesse ) .......

but - I'm spoiled ; for moi , Papa's penultimate amp is always same good as last one .....

:devilr:

Hey, ZM....what do you think? (Just thought I'd ask.....) :headshot:

Of course, one could always "assume" that there will be a F6 Turbo (F6T) at some time..... :D

Based on pure numbers alone, if I bridge two F5T's, will I get:

1. F-squared-25-T-squared...........?

2. 10 * FT...........?

3. A lot of smoke.......?

4. 3 dB * F5T.......?

5. Some other weird binomial expansion............?????

Oh..... the ramifications are STAGGERING......!!!!

Enough....back to my current task (painting the walls of my workshop)....

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Enough....back to my current task (painting the walls of my workshop)....

I suggest that you open up some windows and get the fumes out of there!!!

At the rate I'm going I will get a shot at building F200. That is a series number - not the amount of watts. By that time I will be able to plug it directly into the hole in my head so not much power required. Hmmmm..... on second thought - I might need even MORE power due to large amount of dead brain cells between my two remaining brain cells....:headshot: