The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• TVille.jpg
    TVille.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 199
You got the best emoticons. Reminds me of home and my kids favorite show, Shawn the Sheep. Entire series without any dialogue at all. Just claymation acting and noises like laughter and the occasional snicker. Wonderful television. As good and entertaining as most highly acclaimed series. I dare anyone to watch it. you don't have to admit you like it.

Lol yeah, i gotta stay alive, even if its just to make fun of you, oh and i need to fix my mini a. One side developed a bit of noise and 127mv offset... I managed to unscrew the heatsink and PCB today, tommorrow I will do the soldering and testing thing. Small steps :) I suspect it might be that FET that got so hot with the last error condition I reported.

That's A scary thought. I am going to be 34 and never even considered that to be in radar range for another 20 years. I hope all is well and you are on track to not revisit your scare for many years to come.

I have a bit of a family history with the heart attack thing but also all of us are (were, I'm the last living one on my dad's side of the family) heavy smokers. It was still a big surprise and honestly I thought it was just a wind or some pulled muscle. However watching a bank of monitors with your heart on, and a tube inserted via the artery in your groin through wich they inject an ink to identify blockages, pretty unreal to almost the level of alien abduction. Anyway, my arteries were clogged with nicotene. Didn't know where to look, there was a whole room of pretty nurses my age.

I'm reasonably thin, eat heatly, don't realy drink, in fact I only started drinking a beer here and there again this year, since I was like 23. I basicaly did everything right except the smokeing thing.

Lol, and I'm still sneaking a few, but only a few drags here and there to help with the withdrawal a bit. Sometimes I just sit around with an unlit one for an hour or two, seems to do the trick at keeping my hands occupied.

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Digits - and congratulations on still being around here with us in da Pass Pubbbbb. I had a 5-way back in '08 so I know about being abducted and hooked up to all of the monitors. If ya are still playing around with the smokes then I will save you a seat over here in the corner at the dummies table - ya dummy. ;)

I lost my step-father at the age of 42 to a heart attack - but those things run in his family. :eek:

Take care my friend - we all want you to hang around here for manyyyyyy more years yet. :cool:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hey jacco - that sort of sounds like the subarachnoid cerebral hemorrhage I had back in 2006. I spent a week in intensive care with that one - and consider myself very lucky to be alive. If my wife had not been near to take me to the hospital I most likely would not be here typing this to you.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
naah

that's the problem with Yanks - always sleeping when ZM is awake

whenever I ask something of crucial importance ....... they're either sleepin' or wasting some booz
:rofl:

another one - ya remember these ?

I was just tellin' to my Isidora that I always had these two books even while I was in army , in my tender age of 18 ..... :clown:

chauataqua ....

Attachments

• MILY.jpg
    MILY.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 46
  • PYC.jpg
    PYC.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 46