Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
no buffer

OPA1632 anyway "like" lower impedance feedback network

look at picture and you'll know ........ :clown:

xformer in case of Primare CD31 is old no name ( doesn't have any label) 1:10

secondary loading resistor is determined with freq. sweeps and CRO

then that value of xformer secondary loading is split in two , and these two resistors are used for input resistors of OPA1632

other two feedback resistors are calculated for needed amp. factor

easypeasy

Attachments

• xformer-IV-sketch.jpg
    xformer-IV-sketch.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Thanks. The load a DAC chip wants to see can be found in the datasheet correct. Is the idea to match impedance like in RF or provide lowest impedance possible. I believe I have read that 1K ohms is what most people shoot for in terms of load impedance. What is CRO?

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
CRO means cathode ray osciloscope :clown:

sweep with CRO check will tell what's proper loading impedance for DAC-xformer combo , for same output at low and high frequencies ..... or should I just say - shoot for frequency linearity :devily:

I can't remember what value I use , and I don't care ....

even if I used no name xformer for one CD31 , and Beyerdynamic for other one , I didn't write down values ......
I'm not doing that every day , so who knows when will be next time :rofl:

Last edited:
@ thommy
Your are probably chewing your goose right now and I am sorry to disturb you in this very magical moment....
But I recently stumble on this interesting pic ... And as you are an expert in this very delicate matter, please tell me what do you thing ...
The fingers of this handsome girl are not correctly circled or are they and I am blind .. :rofl:

Attachments

• Meditation2.jpg
    Meditation2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 379
Joined 2006
Paid Member
@ thommy
But I recently stumble on this interesting pic ... And as you are an expert in this very delicate matter, please tell me what do you thing ...
The fingers of this handsome girl are not correctly circled or are they and I am blind .. :rofl:

Well – after a long and considered inspection of the young ladies photo I do notice a couple of subtle improvements that I would suggest to her.

1st: With her left hand she has the forefinger and thumb in a fairly nice and symmetrical circle. It is not quite a perfect circle as if she had it wrapped around something round and of proper circumference such as the cardboard tube from a roll of paper towels or perhaps a cucumber – something of that sort.
The real problem comes in with her right hand wherein she is using both her index finger as well as her ring finger in attempt to make a circle. This is a very poor technique to properly channel her energy in that the fingers are not properly formed into a circle, but rather formed into a pincher like form and this would serve to “pinch off” the flow of energy as if she were trying to control the flow from a garden hose while watering the flowers and bushes of her garden.
Also the use of two fingers on one hand in a “pinch off” gesture verses the use of a single finger forming a circle on the opposite hand can cause a serious imbalance in her energy flow and is reflected in the balance of her upper body. Here I detect a slight imbalance best displayed by her right breast being elevated slightly higher than her left breast. It took me quite awhile of close inspection at a high level of “zoom” to see the effect – but I am sure that if you look quite closely you will see it. Give yourself plenty of time with which to make your evaluation about this issue as it is very subtle – but it is there!
Also – there is a slight arch to her spine and for the most effective focusing of our bodies energy she really should attempt to sit more erectly in her posture. I know that I am.

So – indeed you have not gone blind yet my friend, but please be careful inspecting photo's such as this on anything other than a properly calibrated large screen at high resolution as it can be detrimental to your eyesight and you could eventually damage it and go blind.

As an aside – I do notice a rather nice plant sprouting up in the background….

As always - it is a pleasure to have friends visit me sitting over here at the dummies table in the corner of the Pub!!!!

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
That one is my Grandmama - notice - her fingers are properly circled even at that young age!!! :D:D:D

I hope you enjoyed my little email package ZM - If I am making a pest outta myself - well too bad - sometimes I get bored sitting over in the corner and starting throwing peanuts at people passing by.... :rolleyes:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I make this sacrifice of my eyesight for you my friend Manu. As far as awarding a medal - if that is the case - it should be of the type that hangs from around the neck. I would hate to get pricked by something such as when playing "pin the tail on the donkey".

Additionally - at great risk of going blind I forced myself to double check my evaluation and realized that I had made a measurable mistake. With her right hand the young lady is using her ring finger and middle finger with which to form (or try to) a circle. The fingers are still pinched off - and this still results in an unevenness in her upper body balance. Now I feel that I must review the photo again to see if there is something else I may have missed. My eyesight is getting a bit foggy - I think that perhaps I may be leaning over to far to see the monitor as all the blood seems to have flowed outta my head or something.