:)

Attachments

• AK.jpg
    AK.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 217
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Easy Q for you guys who hang out here:

The Aleph J is coming along... For C1, the 1 uf film and foil, should the outer foil go on the input (+) side or the 'downstream' side? The application notes on the Audience Auricap website (concerning impedance) have me a little confused. [Is this part considered a coupling capacitor?]

TIA!

Frank

I hope to test out my forced-air heatsink ASAP!

post 2992!!!

Jacco, you lost your opportunity for me to negotiate for you in Santa Fe for the mere $6US million asking price of the strange imitation-Pueblo-pottery FLWright house there. Tsk, tsk. I moved back to the right coast, inside the USA Washington DC "beltway" where things are even crazier than elsewhere and your amazing Englitsch counts for naught.

Not to mention that it was 38 degrees C here yesterday, so the US of A is reaping what it has sowed climate-wise. There are a bunch of disbelievers of human-caused climate change in the US Congress, the House especially. Strange proof that democracy devolves to the silliest available nonsense, starting with Socrates, flowing through Nero, including maybe Berlusconi, certainly including Russia with a GDP less than Norway.

Not to mention that three major bond rating companies have downrated the USA in the past two weeks. I think they are comparing debt ratios and ignoring volumes. B

We now return you to your regularly scheduled non- program. (Damn it's hot here. Dry desert heat is one thing, this is another. PPS. 600 square mile forest fire on the Arizona / New Mexico border threatens the retreat cabin of a very nice (female) friend of mine.

Bob Cordell book's Thread

Well, it's physically true that some infinitesimal portion of me is hanging out
in the Andromeda galaxy, but we should be able to ignore this and have a
practical discussion about my present location.

I choose to ignore the tiny resistance of the emitter connection in a
discussion of degeneration because it beings nothing to the table. Similarly
the "internal loop feedback" represented by the gain dependence on Vce,
(although I personally find that very interesting).

I appreciate that it annoys technical people when audiophiles
unreasonably dismiss the use of feedback. At the same time, I don't think
it's reasonable to try to annoy them back by insisting that everything has
feedback and that all forms of feedback are the same.

Surely we are bright enough here to recognize that the issue is more
complex than that.

:cool:

Besides humour, I think I can understand this kind of statement from a conceptual point of view, for instance...

Manu

I like to consider 2nd order distortion as sugar, while 3rd order as salt. Without any, the food is tasteless;while too much sugar or salt will make you dizzy. It's the specialty of the chef to mix and match them to get the right combination, only then we can enjoy the food (music). :)