The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Hey Thomas, Zen Mod, et al., speaking for myself, I have been enjoying the weather the last couple of days. It's been pretty much a monsoon here in Vermont for the last month and a half. Not quite as bad as the midwest, but still, not much sunshine. So since it's been nice out, I really haven't been in front of the PC as much. Gotta grab the good stuff while you can! Whatever the good stuff is.

Peace,

Dave

P.S. Chindogu? From some perspectives that describes everything we do in life. Scary.:eek::eek:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hey Thomas, Zen Mod, et al., speaking for myself, I have been enjoying the weather the last couple of days. It's been pretty much a monsoon here in Vermont for the last month and a half. Not quite as bad as the midwest, but still, not much sunshine. So since it's been nice out, I really haven't been in front of the PC as much. Gotta grab the good stuff while you can! Whatever the good stuff is.

Peace,

Dave

P.S. Chindogu? From some perspectives that describes everything we do in life. Scary.:eek::eek:

The loooooooog winters was one of the key reasons I moved from Massachusetts to California back in the early 70's - with no regrets I might add. Nothing against the region other than the long cold winters - for a Texas boy shoveling snow in April was my idea of being exiled to and ice planet in some grade "B" movie. Shoveling snow from November to April juz ain't right!!!!! :mad:

As far as where our European friends might be at - I'm sticking with the bong water theory until otherwise proven wrong. :D:D:D

As we are talking abouth weather
Since I have been living in the UK I can not refrain from comments.

In the Uk near me (Chester) we have rain or small sunny spels betwen the rain spels.
If you move 5 miles nearer to the coast we have more rain and shorther sunny spels.
Rain is mostly of 2 tipes cold rain or warmish like rain
In winter is mostly cold rain and at times (2 or 3 days) some how it solidify and leave a small layer of white stuff which we call snow on the pavment (do not eat Yellow snow) when it does is mostly the wrong kind of snow 2 inches of it is enoug to shut down the country.
Our cars are specialy treated for the salt that the local autorities trow on the roads to get rid of it so they can go on pleading powertry and triing to get more founding.

Lancia forgot abouth that a while ago.

You may find this amusing but even more amusing is the fact that in autum when the leaves fall they cause the raill way lines to shut down because those are the wrong kind of leaves.

In periods not winter like we have warmer rain which keep our grass green.

Been close to the polar circle our wheather varries between -5 in winter (realy extreme as people are realy badly efected by this we call it sikie pulling) and + 17 C.

Obwiously this got sometink to do with the fact that I am on the west coast and sometink to do with Mexico wherever that may be.

I can not realy say much about the east coast as is across our mountain range (not the Alps most definetley as people living near the Alps would call them hils)and faces Denmark there is only one road to get there (well there may be 2 or 3 more but those are definitley full of pot holes so not realy worth the risk)

This obwiously was aplicable to the past years as we are getting told to move somevhere else as the gulf current may shut down but no one realy belive in it the real reason why we move is because we pay incame tax at 25% then Value Aded Tax at 17%
Our petrol is now at £1.40 a litre Fags at £7.00 Bear at £2.50 a pint then we pay national insurance and Councill tax to buy the salt that they trow on the road at the wrong time Telly licence for founding of the BBC Road found licence to be alowed to run our cars and Pay fuel duty Tax.

Sorry off topic so back to the rain we talk a lot about it and realy hate love it
personaly I like the grass as green as it is bonkers?

What puzle me is that they spend so much money in telling us not to smoke ciggies
But they will not make illegal for the manufacturers to add nicotine boosters and whath not to make it adictive
Most probably they have shares with those companies
And they promote nicotine replacement therapy (oral intake of nicotine)
most probably they have shares on those as well.

I may be bonkers but not that bonkers not to dwell more on the dry grass discussion.

Got the munchies just thinking about thinking somethink bonkers to write about it.

Speaking of weather we have Hochsommer here ...

reminds me of an experience I had last time I visited England...

After two weeks of rain in july I asked a young boy passing by :
- Don't you ever have nice weather here? ...
He said :
- How could I know, I am only 16 ...

Is it funny ?
:D

Manu

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
besides - I feel frustration ..... I can't keep with Papa's rhythm

Attachments

• crazy.gif
    crazy.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 171
  • buehehe.gif
    buehehe.gif
    33.3 KB · Views: 168
Joined 2006
Paid Member
besides - I feel frustration ..... I can't keep with Papa's rhythm

This should not be a big surprise because few can keep up with Papa in real time. Usually a few days, weeks, months, years later we understand what he was saying or doing or hinting at. I my case it only took about 30 years......... :rolleyes:

Sooooooo - now - I'm more frustrated than you have ever been - by 100 times. :D:D:D
ANNNNNNNND I can be dumber toooooooo - I have 20 years more dumb experience dan UUUUUUUU. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

But all of this is OK - U R my crazy Serb buddy!!!