Joined 2003
Paid Member
:spin:

Attachments

• ZM under the stone.jpg
    ZM under the stone.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: 1 user
Slightly modded Gustard x16. SE in to ecc40 in floating paraphase coupling. Telefunken EL84 as output. Dynaco z565. Carlson OA50. Would roll to EL90 if I had the adapter. The ”kick” of the el90 vs el84 would match the openness of the ecc40. Maybe go up from the orange drops in coupling caps as well. But… enjoyable

Last edited:
Edit. Sure is. OA52 is the true name. Very nice bass. Life is not so good, fighting depression for my son. I dont know how it works, I have no experience for my self. Just trying to ”be there” but, well its hard. Anyway. I have always disliked ”normal people”. They are ******* boring and they cant differ quality music or movies from the real deal. **** normal!

Reactions: 1 user
What First Watt (diy) / speaker combo would you use for the linked album. Nina does amazing work with 'retro 90s synth.' to the point that it surpasses the real thing IMHO. My problem is I'm such a greenhorn that I get an amazing sounding build and then throw something like this at it and it sounds like I have a ghetto-blaster in a bucket......but I don't know why. Okay, that's an exaggeration--but I'm sure everyone can relate to my sentiment; when something you assumed would rock, doesn't. Edit: If you're new to Nina, you're welcome :love:

Last edited:
Sunday late morning and Dirk is playing with a frontend circuit...
A mix of Waynes Line Stage and Nelsons BA-3 frontend...
No Toshiba SK170/SJ74 included...
But Toshiba 2SK209 (SMD critters), Onsemi KSA992/KSC1845 and a pair of complementary IRF610/9610.
Hmmm, will this work? :unsure:
Will it play music? :note: :sax::eguitar:
Will the ears be satisfied? 👂
Have a relaxed sunday...
Dirk listens to Haze Heads recommended Nina... I think I make a journey back 35years - club scene, long nights, dancing to the morning, coming home
on a lazy sunday late morning and falling into a comatose sleep

Attachments

• Frontstage23X_bias.jpg
    Frontstage23X_bias.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 users
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
What First Watt (diy) / speaker combo would you use for the linked album. Nina does amazing work with 'retro 90s synth.' to the point that it surpasses the real thing IMHO. My problem is I'm such a greenhorn that I get an amazing sounding build and then throw something like this at it and it sounds like I have a ghetto-blaster in a bucket......but I don't know why. Okay, that's an exaggeration--but I'm sure everyone can relate to my sentiment; when something you assumed would rock, doesn't. Edit: If you're new to Nina, you're welcome :love:

better say what is exact combo you're using and not being satisfied

sole situation when I'm wanting something different than I'm using in my workshop is when I feel blasting some Zepp and/or Hendrix, thinking of Altec HF horn instead of softy tweeters I have
but then , I would need much longer room for that

better say what is exact combo you're using and not being satisfied
At the moment I have bone stock M2x with Ishikawa or Tucson. F6 parts are on the way, so very near future that will be the second option. What I don't have at the moment is speakers. I still need to build a set. That's why I'm wondering what would be a good match for the particular sound I mentioned. I recall (and this is years ago) playing the album with a set of B&W six series 2.5 way (the ones with twin Al woofers and kevlar mid) and being disappointed but then again my amp wasn't great either.

I think I make a journey back 35years - club scene, long nights, dancing to the morning
I'm right there with you. I was treated to some (more than a little) Sicilian wine last night and I was jamming to that album with my headphones. It's now early morning here and my head is pounding; I can almost taste the cigarettes and smell the stale beer stuck to the floor. And I haven't smoked in 20 years!