The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

ResisterClone
Joined 2011
Paid Member
A young woman on a flight from England asked the priest beside her, "Father, may I ask a favour?"

"Of course, my child. What may I do for you?"

"Well, I bought an expensive electronic hair dryer that is well over the customs limits and I'm afraid they'll confiscate it. Is there anyway you could carry it through Customs for me? Under your robes perhaps?"

"I would love to help you, dear, but I must warn you: I will not lie," intones the priest.

"With your honest face, Father, no one will question you!" smiles the girl.

When they got to Customs, she let the priest go ahead of her. The official asked, "Father, do you have anything to declare?"

"From the top of my head down to my waist, I have nothing to declare."

The official thought this answer strange, so asked, "And what do you have to declare from your waist to the floor?"

"I have a marvelous little instrument designed to be used on a woman, but which is, to date, unused."
Roaring with laughter, the official said, "Go ahead, Father. Next!"

Reactions: 2 users
I almost found out one day many years ago installing cable TV during it's infancy. We were cowboys back then, rarely wearing our hardhats while scurrying up poles.
One day, for some unknown reason, I donned my hardhat and as I climbed the pole my hat bumped against something hard. When I looked up I saw a power line drooping below the phone and cable lines that had come loose from its insulator. Lucky me!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm glad, that you like it.
Another quite underrated favourites, if you don't know them, it is the time to add them to your Tidal list:
If I would have knowledge in english, even in this case I couldn't express better thoughts about GG's music, as Martin Boere in this comment:

Martin Boere

2 évvel ezelőtt (szerkesztve)
There’s an awful lot to tell about Gentle Giant’s music, but in my view this track only would be worth a small book.
It’s one of those songs one comes across during one’s life that seem to represent perfectionism in the full meaning of the word.
Each of the components out of which this song has been constructed, i.e. the lyrics, the compositional structure,
the arrangement, the vocal/instrumental performance and also the way it has been recorded and produced,
falls at its proper place, making it – so to speak - an integrated part of the universe.
As far as I’m concerned this song is the absolute highlight of Gentle Giant’s unique musical concept of counterpoint based rock music,
constituted out of musical elements which refer to Renaissance/Baroque music, Elizabethan court music, forms of British folk music and hard rock.
A phenomenon which came about once in rock history and most likely will never appear again.

Last edited:
Joined 2021
Paid Member
World is full with wonders

Someone could envy you for having Hobo Blues Band, that someone never having opportunity to hear them live

And - Hungary having helluva Jazz musicians, Classical and beyond everything - Gypsy musicians

World unto self
Hobo Blues Band... one of the greatest in Hungary, I had the opportunity to hear them live. Deák Bill Gyula... such a great singer.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm reading e-books and it really is just matter of (easy) getting used to plastic book instead of paper one

But, regarding music, yeah, digital is today's way and I'm listening all the times easy way - (real) FM and ootoobe and whatever

but, when I'm serious about choice (what and who) and about quality, I still like some sort of pilgrimage approach

always listening entire albums, btw.

so, no digital services; somehow I have strange metalic taste in my mouths ............ as something is becoming too cheap and easy

that means that I'm old and stubborn? :rofl:

https://www.discogs.com/search/?q=Hobo+Blues+Band&type=all&type=all