The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

After several days of rain, it's nice to see this again:

IMG_3150.JPG

Reactions: 1 users
It's raining here for the first time in months. This is also my first post in many months.

Last summer's heat and forest fires in the interior of British Columbia reoriented my priorities and I took a break from audio experimentation. Luckily, I was not directly affected by the fires, but it motivated me to do a lot of work outside to reduce the fire risk.

However, now winter is coming and I am eager to continue my experiments and participate in diyAudio.

pinholer (also answers to "Bill")
Hey Bill, where are you located? I'm about 20KM north of Vernon on the way to Falkland. The White Rock lake fire came within 3km of our place, scary summer for sure. This picture was taken from my deck the day they lit the "controlled burn".

cheers

IMG_0078.jpeg

Cool. I rode my motorbike out to Adventure Bay almost daily to monitor the fires spread up North, amazing how fast it moved.

Well if you're interested in getting together sometime let me know. A visit to HiFi attic or Spinners? My work schedule is winding down for the season. Maybe I have some goodies to trade for a few VFETs. ;)

cheers

This is what happens when you get bored testing FETs and need an artistic release. Nelson has given us so much over the years and I was reading the thread about interest in the Iron Pumpkin kit and someone said there is no Santa Claus....well that got me to thinking, yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

We love you Papa!

Early Merry Christmas everyone.

Cheers

Now where is that wish list...SITs, Toshiba JFETs, SemiSouths...

Nelson_Claus3.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 4 users
Hello out there,...
you are dreamin' of Santa Claus bringing you nice active devices...
or a new speaker - point source...
I've got my present from Santa! Yes, yes, I've bought it myself o_O
Something to read. Going back to the absolute basics and some more.
Cheers
Dirk 😉

Attachments

• Hill_Horowitz_the_Art_of_electronics.jpg
    Hill_Horowitz_the_Art_of_electronics.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Hill_Horowitz_the_Art_of_electronics2.jpg
    Hill_Horowitz_the_Art_of_electronics2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: 2 users